BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback

Post by Edge100x »

Sounds good!
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

Hey Guys,

On our BC2 server, for some reason we can't load Isla Inocentes (tho it's in our mapcycle listed below). Using the command !map levels/mp_004 won't do it. Tried to load levels/mp_002 (the map before Isla) and then do !nextmap but that won't work either. What it does is just about load every other map but Isla when we use either of these commands.

Anybody else having that problem ? Thx !

Rush Valparaiso levels/mp_002
Rush Isla Inocentes levels/mp_004
Conquest Arica Harbor levels/mp_006cq
Rush Laguna Presa levels/mp_009gr
Rush Nelson Bay levels/mp_008
Conquest White Pass levels/mp_007
Rush Port Valdez levels/mp_012gr
Rush Arica Harbor levels/mp_006
Conquest Laguna Alta levels/mp_003
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

When you were testing !map, was the game mode RUSH? It looks like the game is inconsistent in how it handles admin.setPlaylist and doesn't clear the mapcycle if the new playlist is the same as the old one, so if so, that might have caused this. I've adjusted the daemon so that it should work around that now; please give it another go.

Also, a couple of quick additional notes:

- You can just use !map mp_004 if you'd like, instead of !map levels/mp_004. It's just a little shorter :).

- Changing to another map in the cycle with !map won't affect what map comes next. Using it will not lead to the server jumping to a different number in the list.
PowersGaming
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by PowersGaming »

Rush.. Working fine now.. Thx !!

When you say, "Changing to another map in the cycle with !map won't affect what map comes next. Using it will not lead to the server jumping to a different number in the list", what exactly do you mean by what I've quoted in red ?

When we load mp_004 for instance, the server goes to 004 (out of rotation). Do you mean that after two rounds of 004, the server returns to the next map in the list (prior to us loading 004) ?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

PowersGaming wrote:When we load mp_004 for instance, the server goes to 004 (out of rotation). Do you mean that after two rounds of 004, the server returns to the next map in the list (prior to us loading 004) ?
Something like that. To be more specific:

1. If it is round #1 of a map when you enter the !map command, you will only play mp_004 for one round, because the game keeps the round count the same when it switches (this is due to a bug in the code). After that one round, the cycle will continue as before, as though the map was never changed.

2. If it is the last round of a map and (for instance) map #1 is next in the cycle, you will play mp_004 for two rounds, and then you will switch to map #2, skipping one map in the cycle. That happens because map #1 was already set to be the next one when you made the change, and the map is ratcheted forward one more time when mp_004 hits its final round.
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

Just thought I would chime in again after running the map cycler for a while now.
Everything seems to be functioning normally :D and I haven't experienced any of the issues that I had in the past. So Kudos to Edge!

Thanks again for your help and support building a great tool
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I'm glad to hear that, and thanks :D
Surf314
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Surf314 »

Can you run this with Guardian? We already have Guardian set up but would like to use the mixed mode maplist feature from the Daemon. I'd like to know if we could run both or if we'd have to migrate to just the daemon. We like Guardian a lot though.
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

From what we have seen in the past using multiple admin tools causes problems, so I would recommend against it. This would include using our admin daemon with another 3rd party tool.

If there are features you would like to see in the admin daemon by all means let us know. :)
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It's certainly worth trying, I'd say. The worst that could really happen is that one or both stop working, or that the server crashes -- and then you'd know not to :).

I think that the problems before were related to the rcon system in the game not really behaving as it should. It is possible that this was fixed in R11.
Surf314
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Surf314 »

The answer is no, Guardian seems to have better control of maps than the daemon. The main feature I'd like to see from Guardian on the daemon is Guardian let's you change modes on the fly loading the default maplist when you do.

So the feature I'd like to see is to let us change it to sqdm, or sqrush in chat when we are seeding and then once we get population be able to change it back to the server's original maplist.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

You can change the mode temporarily by loading a map of that type. For instance, if you wanted to switch to Squad rush for a map:

!map mp_001sr
Surf314
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Surf314 »

I'd like to second the request for votemap. Also is there a command list anywhere? I couldn't find one besides in the control panel but I need to copy and paste it into my forum.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Right now the only command list is in the control panel. I'll work on typing a separate one up for you guys.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »