BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Riddick51PB
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback

Post by Riddick51PB »

Number024 wrote:I was asked to post this from the IRC support channel because the NFO admin thought it was a good idea:

1. Would you consider having the admin daemon keep a timestamped log of server chat available for retrieval? Break it into 1 hour chunks and keep a couple weeks of logs or up to a certain disk space allocation of chat.

2. Keep a timestamped file for each in-game admin entered into the daemon for tracking the various commands he/she has run in the game?

I thought these two suggestions would provide a straightforward way for server operators to validate or invalidate allegations of admin abuse. The per-admin file would give you a list of what commands were run at what time by a specific admin. The chat log would let you look up the corresponding time commands were run and see the context in which those commands were run.

Thanks for the consideration!

if implemented, provide yes/no check boxes for both #1 and #2, so we have the option to opt out of keeping the logs if we want. might as well note here that procon already provides this ability if you want to implement it.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Number024, the game itself should add logs for the remote admin system at a later time, like BC2's. We'll likely wait for this and only implement our own logging system if they decide not to -- it's actually a pretty complicated thing to do from our perspective, since the daemon is centralized.
Number024
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Number024 »

might as well note here that procon already provides this ability if you want to implement it.
OK, how do you do this in procon for BF3 and/or BC2? I'd love to have that capability.
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

Number024 wrote:
OK, how do you do this in procon for BF3 and/or BC2? I'd love to have that capability.

Procon - upper right corner, Tools > Options > Basic

Check the boxes.
logging.jpg
logging.jpg (87.89 KiB) Viewed 13846 times
Number024
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Number024 »

GitSum wrote:
Number024 wrote:

Procon - upper right corner, Tools > Options > Basic

Check the boxes.
logging.jpg
Well, I am an idiot. Never noticed that before. Thank you for pointing it out!
Dr.Tek
A regular
A regular

Post by Dr.Tek »

Edge100x wrote:The request was for per-round, so I made it per round.
Is it all possible to add an additional option for !scramble on map change as well? Some of our servers need to be scrambled per round and other need a scramble on map change.

Thank you :D
Riddick51PB
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Riddick51PB »

Dr.Tek wrote:
Is it all possible to add an additional option for !scramble on map change as well? Some of our servers need to be scrambled per round and other need a scramble on map change.

i support this as well, can we get it done on map change? that would be very beneficial. it seems as though =Quack=Major.Pain alluded to this same idea.

thanks again NFO for the excellent work on the bf3 admin daemon in easy setup.
imafiretruck
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by imafiretruck »

Is there anyway to make the commands work not only for ! but for /

So /say

Because in chat the / prefix makes what you type not show up and saves a key from doing /!say

Is this possible? Maybe a toggle?

Also can we get a button for each of the following on the control panel for
HARDCORE + RESET
NORMAL + RESET
QUICKMATCH + RESET

i find that i have to reset the server for these settings to take place anyways.

Thanks in advance... first time posting.

Thank you again.
pharrisonsg
New to forums
New to forums

Post by pharrisonsg »

Dr.Tek wrote:

Dito for the option to make it "per map change" as well...

The Adjust Player Limit Automatically is working wonders to populate our server ! Thanks !
Phear Chyld
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Phear Chyld »

Edge100x wrote:
disconnect wrote:Does the cycler have the smarts to know what map was played last so they dont play the same two rush or conquest maps back to back? I would like to set it up so its rush, rush, conquest, conquest.
Yes, it does have a little intelligence in this respect. In random mode, it won't let the same map + mode run twice in a row, so you wouldn't have Panama Canal on Conquest twice, for instance.

Also, thanks for all the feedback, guys. I will be working on many of these features for the next iteration :).
Is it possible/feasible to add logic to ensure that a map only repeats after all other maps have cycled? I have seen times when a map would repeat after two map changes. So basically for every map played take it out of the cycle until the rest have been played/loaded.
saltney
New to forums
New to forums

Post by saltney »

The "adjust player limit automatically" feature is a nifty tool. Is there any way to do something similar, only on the "round start player count" side of things? That is: I'd like to set my var for round start player count at 2, but when more than 8 people are on the server, I'd like the var to change to 8.

The reason I ask is because of the black box of QM, of course. One of the rumors I've heard is that QM favors the round start player count 8 servers.
Phear Chyld
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Phear Chyld »

Agreed. The 8 player requirement is killing me.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Phear Chyld, that would result in a static mapcycle, so it would be better for you to just define one!

saltney, possibly. But, I shouldn't put more time into the auto-player-limit-adjuster.
Phear Chyld
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Phear Chyld »

Edge100x wrote:Phear Chyld, that would result in a static mapcycle, so it would be better for you to just define one!

saltney, possibly. But, I shouldn't put more time into the auto-player-limit-adjuster.
Fair enough. Thank you for following up.
saltney
New to forums
New to forums

Post by saltney »

Edge100x wrote: saltney, possibly. But, I shouldn't put more time into the auto-player-limit-adjuster.
I agree with you, John - you definitely shouldn't have to spend time working on scripts to get around the nonsense associated with this game's matchmaking. Hopefully DICE will refine their systems. Thanks for the extra things you've done.