BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Phear Chyld
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback

Post by Phear Chyld »

I wonder if a Procon plugin would be better suited for this functionality.
http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/forumdisp ... evelopment
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

saltney, I just mean that it would be wasted time. I can't say why yet.
imafiretruck
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by imafiretruck »

BF3 Easy Setup suggestion... ability to save and load configurations.

Example,
Normal Quickmatch settings config
Normal Custom Settings config
Hardcore Custom settings config

I understand I could make a text file on my desktop and copy and paste it or adjust them as it is not to difficult but I want to throw the suggestion out there.
saltney
New to forums
New to forums

Post by saltney »

Edge100x wrote:saltney, I just mean that it would be wasted time. I can't say why yet.
Got it, thanks. 8)
imafiretruck
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by imafiretruck »

With !map it picks the game mode automatically, is there a way to designate the game mode? It makes things frustrating because currently there is no way to switch to a specific map w/ game mode instantly. You have to cycle maps.

Or am I missing something.

On my TDM server I switch it to Caspian border and it changed it to Conquest Large Caspian Border. =(
ignite
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ignite »

Feature Request: something along the lines of !setnextmap

-Does not immediately change to the map you set, only changes the next map that is loaded.

ie. I have many maps in rotation, but I often would like to change the next map to something other than the next map. Currently, if I want to do this I would either A) Use !map before the round ends. or B) Use !map once new round begins (sending everyone back into a loading screen/crashing etc)

Is this something possible? Or something that I can do through !rcon ?

Also I just wanted to report that I think their might be a correlation between editing admins (ie. Adding them then saving changes) and server crashes. This could be completely erroneous but it does seem like after editing something on the easy setup page and then saving, within a few map cycles it will crash.

I don't think this is something to look into right away, but if anyone else has the same issue, then it might be worth it.

I would also like to state interest in what many have been asking for: The ability to change the game mode without a server restart.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

imafiretruck, specify the gamemode as part of your !map command. Also, and also optionally, the round count. For instance, to run mp_001 as Rush for 6 rounds:

Code: Select all

!map mp_001 rushlarge0 6
If you don't specify anything, it assumes ConquestLarge0.

ignite, that's theoretically doable.

Adding an admin does not effect the game server in any way -- that only changes who our system recognizes as an admin, which is 100% on our side. Potentially something else about what is being submitted makes a difference, or the Easy setup page usage submission is a false correlation.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

@ignite When I'm trying to get my server full when it's low on players, I make good use of the mapList.setNextMapIndex command. For example, my first map in the rotation of CQ Large is Op. Metro because if there are hardly any players its a nice map to find action in a decent amount of time and keeps the players interest.

If we are on another map and I want to go back to Metro next (the first in the rotation), I just type mapList.setNextMapIndex 0 (remember indexes start at 0). It would be nice if there were easier ways to do this, though. Procon doesn't even have that feature of setting the next map as of yet.
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
ignite
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ignite »

@TimSad

That sounds like a fantastic temporary fix for what I am talking about. Few questions: Does this mean I need to not use the Map-Cycler and edit the real map list?

Also to use that command would I type in "!rcon mapList.setNextMapIndex 0" or is it something that must be inserted into the RCON Console itself.

I will be giving this a shot for now. Thanks a ton Tim
GitSum
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by GitSum »

Currently with Procon, If you click on one of the maps in the map list - the server will immediately change to that map. This is very useful to get an empty server to a more popular map to attract players

Procon also had some advanced map cyclers for BC2 - it is just a matter of time before they get updated to BF3

One of my favorites was Mixed GameModes. It had an "empty server" list - if the server was empty it would only run the maps in that list (which would be your most popular maps). Once you got enough players (you were able to select the number) it would then utilize your full map list.

Another feature was depending on the number of players - it would only run certain map modes based on the number of players in the server

All this Procon stuff is free - you just need to find a host. I would rather see John looking into some sort of hosting then working on these scripts - but that is just my opinion :)

I posted a lot of the console commands - here is the link. Look at the section > Controlling Map Switching

I suggested John include these in his CP links....

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... f=4&t=6059
nutz
A regular
A regular

Post by nutz »

I'm quoting Major.Pain's entry here and adding myself to it too...

"I am using NFO map changer for a change, and I have it set to:

Conquestlarge0 1
Rushlarge0 2
TDM 1
Conquestsmall0 1

When it come to Rush maps, it's been only playing 1 round and then it changes maps."

I was trying to run 2 rush rounds and then one regular conquest round and yeah it would only ever run one round of each...and that was before R10...I think R8 even...
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I've changed the daemon to not use the banlist.add function for bans now in BF3 -- and only use PB -- because having a large banlist will crash the server when other 3rd party tools run the "banlist.list" function.

I'm investigating the Rush problem in BF3.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I am using NFO map changer for a change, and I have it set to:

Conquestlarge0 1
Rushlarge0 2
TDM 1
Conquestsmall0 1

When it come to Rush maps, it's been only playing 1 round and then it changes maps.
I replicated this and determined that it was a bug in BF3 stemming from the server not resetting the number of rounds after the end of the 1-round map, leading to it starting the 2-round map on its second round (when combined with clearing the mapcycle). I have adjusted the admin daemon here to compensate for this now by telling the game to run the 2-round map as a 3-round map instead -- this will achieve the desired effect of actually running it for 2 rounds. I have also notified DICE of the unexpected behavior.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Thank you - good catch
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Come to think about it, I have conquest maps set for 1 round, but in the panel they appear sometimes as 1/2, even though they only play the 1 round as they should.

Probably the same issue, but acting differently.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/