BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: Admin daemon feedback

Post by jasonelmore »

Sorry Edge, When you check enable daemon, all i saw was a header "Admin List" with no input box to put the admin list. I guess we just have to check the box, and commit changes before we can see that active box. I didn't want to commit changes until i was for sure on a couple of issues.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Thanks for the response.
jasonelmore
A regular
A regular

Post by jasonelmore »

Sorry for the double post, but couldn't figure out how to edit.

I enabled the daemon and clicked commit changes, but there still is not spot for me to type in the admins, or view commands.

I can click the question mark hint system and view that, but that's about it. It doesn't let me input player names. Using Firefox 3.6, and i just double checked to make sure I had javascript enabled..

Am i overlooking something?

Image of my cpanel

ttaylor1109
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ttaylor1109 »

Hey Edge100x,

Well I just wanted to tell you how helpful this is. I appreciate you taking the time to throw this together. This is what sets you guys aside from other GSP's. One thing I have noticed is that when I change the game type from rush to conquest or the other way around, all of my admins get erased. It is not a big deal and maybe it is something we can not get around but I thought I would let you know.

I am really impressed of the level of customer service you guys provide. I will never even look at another company for providing my game server rental needs. Thanks again and keep up the great work.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

jasonelmore, your browser is working off an old copy of the javascript. If you fully refresh the page or clear your temporary internet files, that should take care of it.

ttaylor1109, that's very strange, since they should be entirely separate parts of the page. I'll check it out.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

ttaylor1109, I wasn't able to reproduce your problem here. What browser are you using? Does it always do it, or just some of the time? Is there anything special that I need to do in order to make it happen?
ttaylor1109
New to forums
New to forums

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback

Post by ttaylor1109 »

It only seems to happen when I change the mode of game. It has happened 3 times. I will see if I can replicate it. Also, would it be possible to put a kick/ban option next to the players name under the status tab seeing that people have crosshairs and other characters in their names that make it hard to kick.

Thx,
Todd
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

ttaylor1109 wrote:It only seems to happen when I change the mode of game. It has happened 3 times. I will see if I can replicate it.
k, please let me know the exact steps I should take -- I tried changing the mode on one of our test servers and could not get this to happen.
Also, would it be possible to put a kick/ban option next to the players name under the status tab seeing that people have crosshairs and other characters in their names that make it hard to kick.
That is something I'd like to do in the future (it would actually be on the Server control page, but the same thing). This would be a separate system from the in-game admin setup.

Keep in mind that with the in-game system you just need to include part of the name, not the whole one. So if their name is "&*name^^@@@", you could just use "!kick name" and it will get them.
VaderX
New to forums
New to forums

Post by VaderX »

Mine also is randomly resetting.

First time I noticed it was 2 days ago. In the morning all the settings were jsut gone. no clue what change there was.

Last night one of my partners said he tried turning on PB to see if it was working or not. He said that he thinks it crashed the server. Just looking at my control panel I see that all the admin setting I had in there were gone now.
brent61
New to forums
New to forums

Post by brent61 »

Is it possible to set chat so we can type while dead? it seems every time we try to type a kick or ban we get killed then have to wait 15 seconds for respawn just to get killed again.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

For anyone who is resetting, please try to find a way for me to reproduce it, if possible. I've scoured the code and I haven't found a cause yet, so I'll need to get some debug code in there and do some experimentation.

brent61, unfortunately there isn't a setting in the game to allow that right now. All of the variables that we have access to are listed on the Easy setup page already :|
Chenzo
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Chenzo »

I don't know if the command exists, but it would be cool to have the announcements have a setting to use admin.say (if that exists) instead of admin.yell...

It would be nice to have some recruitment/forum/vent alerts that didn't show up in the middle of the screen. It would get entirely too annoying, I'd think.

(And so far, for us, the Daemon is working great.)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Unfortunately, the only facility that the game has for talking to players right now is admin.yell. DICE has said that the ability to send text to a client through the normal chat section will be possible in the future.
Chenzo
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Chenzo »

Edge100x wrote:Unfortunately, the only facility that the game has for talking to players right now is admin.yell. DICE has said that the ability to send text to a client through the normal chat section will be possible in the future.
Yeah, I figured, but thought it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks.
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

Hey Edge,

A quick question for ya, when someone does a !ban <name>, is this doing a punk busters ban? Also, are bans working now or are they still lost on a server restart?

Thanks,

Disconnect
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Right now, it just does a regular ban. One of the items on the docket for the near future is adjusting it to also do a PB ban at the same time, which will cause it to be stored on disk as well.