BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
disconnect
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback

Post by disconnect »

Edge100x wrote:Right now, it just does a regular ban. One of the items on the docket for the near future is adjusting it to also do a PB ban at the same time, which will cause it to be stored on disk as well.
What do you consider to be a "regular" ban in this scenario? Would that just be the Soldier name?

I would think all ban methods not using the Punkbuster GUID would be obsolete now, no? Since the GUID is now tied to the EA account, why would you bother banning anything less?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

disconnect wrote:What do you consider to be a "regular" ban in this scenario? Would that just be the Soldier name?
Yes, that is a regular ban. It uses the game's standard facility of admin.banPlayer.
I would think all ban methods not using the Punkbuster GUID would be obsolete now, no? Since the GUID is now tied to the EA account, why would you bother banning anything less?
The system will have to ban through both methods, since PB isn't always enabled. R7 introduced the ability for PB to use the better GUID system, and R7 came after I developed the !ban function.

I mentioned that banning through PB is in the works on the first post of this thread. My time this month is extremely limited and I have not yet had time to implement it.
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

Edge100x wrote: I mentioned that banning through PB is in the works on the first post of this thread. My time this month is extremely limited and I have not yet had time to implement it.
No worries, it wasn't my intention to come off as impatient. I was just curious about how the people were currently being banned. Thanks for the details. 8)
wjordan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by wjordan »

I tried
!ban zore
!ban Zore
!ban zore "perm"
!b zor
!b "zore"
!b Zore "perm"

could not get any of them to work.. Kick works fine but no dice for ban.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

wjordan, did the daemon tell you that it had done the ban? Did it return an error message?
wjordan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by wjordan »

No nothing

when I kick I get error player not found
or they are kicked
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Could you try the ban again now? I may have found the bug there.
wjordan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by wjordan »

when I !ban anyone in that chat channel can see it
also had another admin try thru all and everyone could see that as well
wjordan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by wjordan »

Sweet that worked just banned my wife :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

:o

Since commands have to be done through chat, there's no avoiding letting others see it, but to slightly reduce the impact, you can use squad chat. The server sends any type of chat output to the daemon, so it sees both.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I've also adjusted the daemon now to do bans by PB whenever possible.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

The admin level does it restrict lower level admins from doing anything when a higher level admin is on the server?
Chenzo
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Chenzo »

Sim wrote:The admin level does it restrict lower level admins from doing anything when a higher level admin is on the server?
Yes. (heh, found this out last night while me and my clan were playing. I'd assume you could just set everyone to the same level to prevent this from happening...)
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Can you add a list of all in-game commands to the cpanel so we know the hotkey for each command?
Chenzo
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Chenzo »

Sim wrote:Can you add a list of all in-game commands to the cpanel so we know the hotkey for each command?
They're listed on the panel under the name of the admin. You've got to click the little arrow to the right to display them. Plus that's where you can selectively give people certain commands.

I made a list for my clan so they know what they are...
  • "!kick" or "!k", plus part of any player name, will kick that player (or players, if more than one matches) from the server.
  • "!ban" or "!b" works like kick, but bans the player(s) instead.
  • "!nextmap" or "!nextlevel" tells the server to switch to the next map in the cycle.
  • "!restartmap" or "!restartlevel" restarts the current map
  • "!say" uses admin.yell to print 5 seconds of text at the center of every player’s screen.
  • "!password" sets a game password, making the server private (this also turns off ranked mode).
  • "!rcon" gives an admin raw access to enter any command that can be used through the remote administration interface, such as admin.yell, vars.hardcore, etc.
  • "!pb" is a shortcut for "!rcon punkBuster.pb_sv_command". Text after this will be sent to PB on the server