BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback

Post by Sim »

Thanks for the help, i was using Guardian and it works the same way with admin level.
Johnny
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Johnny »

Edge100x wrote:I've also adjusted the daemon now to do bans by PB whenever possible.
Wow, this is a huge development for those of use who use Punkbuster AND for all of those who run ranked servers after Dice fixes the problems and requires PB again.

While I realize this has been discussed before, I wanted to confirm, is this a GUID Ban?

Thanks for the quick work, John.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

While I realize this has been discussed before, I wanted to confirm, is this a GUID Ban?
It uses pb_sv_ban, and PB bans according to GUID by default, so yes, it should be.
Jack the Smack
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Jack the Smack »

When two people do "!nextmap" at the same time, it crashes the server. This happened once, and because of it I am now using tiered admin so that only one person can do administratorship at one time.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

That's an interesting bug in the game. I'll let DICE know about this.
AfflictedMed
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by AfflictedMed »

can we set up a simple list of commands and shortcuts?

the only one I see is !nextmap. If it wasnt randomly said, I wouldnt even know that one.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The full list is on the Easy setup page. Just click the little expansion arrow next to an admin, and you'll see each command, along with hover-text help on what it does and how to use it.
wjordan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by wjordan »

A customizable mapcycle that allows for the game type to be changed as it cycles,

If you guys need a box to test that on I would love to try it out as I have two rush maps I would like to include in my conquest rotation

will it be able to do: conquest,rush,conquest, conquest,conquest,rush
Yihya
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Yihya »

First off, amazing job on the admin mod. I am hoping for some sort of web interface that may reflect the recent bans, and manual Web bans and Adding Admins. Any idea if this is a option in the near future. AGAIN, thanks for the great job!

Some examples of similar web interface are Global Bans and better yet, Sourcebans. Thank you for your considerations. And again, well done....our BFBC2 Community appreciates it.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Sure, I'll look into that as well.
maelstrom
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by maelstrom »

i could be mistaken, but i was messing around last night on a random server when it went from a rush map to a conquest map. is there an admin tool that's currently out that can swap between game types without restarting? or am i just seeing the admin manually swap it like through our easy setup page?
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
maelstrom.nuclearfallout.net:19567
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It can be done manually through any tool, as can be done on the Easy setup page. There is also at least one tool (Procon) that does what I will be adding here.
elemenopee
New to forums
New to forums

Post by elemenopee »

It was working for me when it first came out. Hasnt worked for me all weekend though. Im typing !nextmap and !nextlevel in all chats, but it does nothing. Any ideas? Thank you.

Also, does running an RCON with in game controls interfere with this at all maybe?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

From what we have seen, running multiple admin tools does cause problems, so its best to just stick with one.
TimeX
disconnect
A regular
A regular

Post by disconnect »

elemenopee wrote:It was working for me when it first came out. Hasnt worked for me all weekend though. Im typing !nextmap and !nextlevel in all chats, but it does nothing. Any ideas? Thank you.

Also, does running an RCON with in game controls interfere with this at all maybe?
As far as i can tell, the commands are case sensitive eh, make sure you type "!Nextmap" instead of "!nextmap"