BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BC2 admin daemon feedback

Post by Sim »

When you get time can you look into adding admin.say to Automatic server messages? That way we don't annoy players too much to promote our 2nd BC2 Server.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Sim wrote:When you get time can you look into adding admin.say to Automatic server messages? That way we don't annoy players too much to promote our 2nd BC2 Server.
Aye, that's definitely in the works.
Yihya
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Yihya »

Hey Edge, Any potential progress creating a web interface that ties into the admin mod?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I haven't been able to work on that yet -- other things have been just keeping me too busy.

Right now, the main thing I'm working at for BC2 is the ability for a mixed mapcycle. I'm working on the front-end (Easy setup page) part, and when that is complete, I'll do the back-end, which will be the easier of the two.
>>reflexx.Hate
New to forums
New to forums

Post by >>reflexx.Hate »

Edge100x wrote:We've added an admin daemon to our "Easy setup" page and consider it to be in beta right now. Please post any feedback (about any part of it not working, new features that might be needed, etc) here in this thread.

Already in the works:

* A customizable mapcycle that allows for the game type to be changed as it cycles, and a command to allow admins to jump to any map (which is what admin.runNextLevel is supposed to do, but it is broken).

(Now done) * Banning through PB (this can theoretically already be done with !pb, but it's kind of ugly).
How do you switch to a specific map? i understand how to switch to the next level but not a specific map? And how do you restart the map?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Currently the game doesn't have the functionality to switch to a specific map built in to it. For restarting the same map you can use admin.restartMap which ends the current round and restarts with the same map. Also, if you use our admin daemon, you can use !restartmap or !restartlevel in game to restart the map in the same manner.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I should also add that switching to a specific map should be possible through the in-game admin tool soon.
blueape
New to forums
New to forums

Post by blueape »

I cannot find the admin commands on the easy setup page. Where else might they be listed? THX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The admin commands are given on the Easy setup page inside the admin list, attached to each admin. Just click the black triangle to show the list, and hover your mouse over any particular entry to show more information on it.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The admin daemon has been updated. Changelog:
Added a mapcycle that supports multiple game types
Added !map command
Added !kill command
Added !move command
Adjusted the message system so that it allows "say" messages
Fixed a bug with some command arguments sometimes getting missed
Made specification of players for !kick, !ban, !kill, and !move case-insensitive
Added *, 1*, and 2* options to !kick, !ban, !kill, and !move to affect all players or all players on one team
Fixed a bug with apostrophes not being displayed correctly in "Easy setup"
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

Seems I cant get the in game admin commands to run anymore after the newest update to map cycle. Anyone else experience this?
Syph
A regular
A regular

Post by Syph »

Tested it out a bit more and it seems it is related to the "custom map cycler"
When it is enabled the in game daemon doesn't work anymore.
Also,
the "custom map cycler" doesn't seem to function correctly yet as it didn't switch game modes and only used 3 maps or so it seemed

So for now I'll leave it off, hopefully this helps you guys debug it a bit more. Thanks for the hard work so far :)
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I've debugged and tested the map cycler extensively and it definitely switched game modes when I tested it. I will do some more testing.

I also fully tested all of the new admin commands, with the map cycler running in the background, before rolling out the change to everyone, and they worked properly.

Could you do a full refresh of the Easy setup page in your browser and double-check to make sure that everything's set up the way that it's supposed to be on your page, as far as admin privileges, etc?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It looks like the game may not always be sending a level loading event when it's supposed to. If so, the workaround for that might be a little ugly, but I'll work on getting it integrated.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I've finished the workaround I was talking about and the system here should not have any more problems with keeping track of the map. I tested this on a full 32-slot server and several map changes happened without incident, following the proper cycle and including playlist/game mode adjustments.

I haven't been able to reproduce the in-game admin problem -- it still works for me. Was it giving you an error when you tried to use the commands?