BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Hooligan
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: BC2/BF3/MoH/MoHW admin daemon feedback

Post by Hooligan »

Edge100x wrote:Hooligan, I'll have to look at it further, but it may be some time before I can get to it, as I'm being kept very busy right now by high-priority things =\.
I appreciate you taking the time to reply! ;)

Thanks for any assistance.
Hooligan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Hooligan »

Hello, Edge.

Just checking if you may have freed up any time? :D
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

No free time yet =\.
davidsimmonsnm
New to forums
New to forums

Post by davidsimmonsnm »

this admin daemon not working to switch server to normal

http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... 93&t=10768
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

davidsimmonsnm, the admin daemon doesn't control the game's displayed preset. The game itself determines that, based on the settings chosen.
Hooligan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Hooligan »

Yeah, BC2 is old. Certainly not as many servers out there as BF4. Ours is still fairly popular among BC2 servers, however. As a result I am getting a bunch of flak from regular players about the current scramble we use from remote console as a plugin. Since one of the last EA patches way back when, it broke the efficiency of said plugin. Our last effort is to use the one from the admin daemon in the NFO server console.

We would love to have this BC2 server until the bitter end! However, as we all know, patience among online community members is -1 on a scale of 1-10. They are and will just click another server to join and not look back.

If you have the time to possibly forum PM me the code you use for the daemon scramble, I may be able to get someone to look it over, make the changes and then use it as a plugin outside the NFO control panel. We will be more than happy to give credit where it is due as well for the base code.

As always, I appreciate your time as spare time is precious!

:-)
nbtc971
A regular
A regular

Post by nbtc971 »

Can you guys either remove or make it an option, for the "is not a valid command" message? I like the ease of using your in-game admin daemon, but when you try to run other plugins from, in our case, Procon, that has custom commands, the NFO daemon's not valid message is annoying. I'm about ready stop using it if this can't be fixed.
MasterSeal
A regular
A regular

Post by MasterSeal »

Thanks for this plugin! Makes it easy to enable things in case my procon stops working or I just need to use an easy admin script server-side.
I have a question, in the form of a request.

I noticed when I use !nextmap the server changes to the nextROUND if there are remaining rounds etc.

Is there a way to create a command FOR nextround specifically, so when you type NEXTMAP it goes to the next map in the rotation regardless of remaining rounds?

Thanks for your time

...Seal...
Relax, Reflect, RELOAD!
Public Teamspeak: ts.OutCastSnipers.com

MasterSeal
A regular
A regular

Re: Admin daemon feedback

Post by MasterSeal »

jasonelmore wrote:Also, do we just type in the normal Rcon commands into chat? or do you have some sort of special command spec sheet?
Edge100x wrote: The commands that you can type are all laid out on the Easy setup page there :).
Um.. where? I don't see an area where commands are listed.
Relax, Reflect, RELOAD!
Public Teamspeak: ts.OutCastSnipers.com

FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Been a while anyone provided feedback, i had a suggestion
To make things more efficient for those that run many battlefield servers, would it be possible to implement a feature enabling us to add an admin for selected servers at once? For example you add an admin for one server but also provided is a "check box" option (for example), allowing you to add this admin to others servers with just a few clicks.
Shadawoop
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Shadawoop »

I have a problem with the in-game admin settings. Even though the admins have full control over all commands, the server still says "you do not have enough privileges to ___" Is there anyway I can turn it off because it's a little annoying. Thank you!