My NFo wish list

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

My NFo wish list

Post by crab »

I really wish NFo provided Ventrilo servers and HLTV hosting. Right now I'm renting a Ventrilo server from another company (10 slots $7.50/month) and one of my clan members is hosting the HLTV on an extra computer he has. However, he is going back to school in a week and we won't have our HLTV anymore. Is there any other place I can rent HLTV for my server? I've seen other providers offer it with their servers for around $0.50 per slot per month. Sure would be nice to be able to go one place for all my gaming needs...a one stop shop :) I'm guessing there are others out here like me so what do you say Edge and To_mas?
master_cyph3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by master_cyph3r »

bandwidth costs money, vent takes alot of bandwidth..
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Those two items are on my wishlist too ;)
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

Vent takes badwidth, but not a lot. I used to host it on my own comp with 5+ people on it scrimming while I was playing too and it rarely lagged on my cable connection.

So Edge, any idea when we might expect to see these things? Or are you waiting until your time with the Army is over to dive into this?
master_cyph3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by master_cyph3r »

I think NFo has other problems on their hands, ie : the verio problem and updating their website and all that jazz.
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

I think it's more a matter of what's priority and when. To set up those servers wouldn't take much. You don't have any of the same issues of lag etc. as you do with a game server. There is additional administrative tasks that take time that Edge might not want to deal with right now.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Verio problem?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The major time hog is setting up our systems to support them. For instance, each will require its own control panel support.
master_cyph3r
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by master_cyph3r »

How much $$ would a vent server be?
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

control panel support for ventrilo? You can log into ventrilo as admin and do anything you need. I think the only thing you can't do that you might need is set a server password. It's a pretty simple app.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Well at minimum we'll need an information page showing the address to the server. If it's that easy to remotely control, awesome.

For Ventrilo, we also have to worry about the licensing, of course.
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

hmm, something is different when I log into my control panel :wink:

Looks like progress is being made!
Nick|NFo
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Nick|NFo »

yup, ventrilo is coming online!!!
crab
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by crab »

omg i'm so excited i can hardly stand it. I hope it's not more than what i'm paying now.

Now if you get HLSW I'd be happier than a puppy with two peters!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I was planning to preliminarily price Ventrilo at 10.00 for 15 or 20 slots. Pricing recommendations are welcome for consideration. I don't want to go less than $10 per server because Paypal fees get too high as a percentage of revenue, and our support burden becomes too high per dollar.

HLTV is a bit more complicated to add than Ventrilo (still working on it). I wish I could do this job full time :(.

I may throw in Shoutcast too, just for the heck of it (seeing as how it's easy to set up like Ventrilo). Only problem with Shoutcast is that it can be extremely piggy on bandwidth. Plus, I haven't seen too much demand for it recently, although people used to ask for it in IRC.