Will Monday Night Combat be offered as a game server option?

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Jstn7477
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Will Monday Night Combat be offered as a game server option?

Post by Jstn7477 »

Hello all,

A large update for Monday Night Combat (a 3rd-person shooter game released for PC on Jan. 24, 2011 via Steam, but has been around on XBOX360 since last year) was released today. One of the notable features of this update was the integration of the dedicated server files with HLDS so the game server files can be updated via Steam. Is there any chance that NFO will offer dedicated or virtual servers for this game? Some places have already begun offering such servers (I have one), but I'd love to have one or more with NFO like my TF2 and Killing Floor servers.

Steam store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/63200

Release notes for latest patch:

New Features
• Added Retro Pro Gear Skin
• Added Preseason Hero Pro Gear Armor and Protag for players that bought the game during BETA
• added Minimum Number of Players to Start option, set to 1 by default
First version of Standalone Dedicated Server Files with HLDS integration.

HldsUpdateTool.exe -command update -game mondaynightcombat -dir INSTALLDIR

MNCDS comes with a handful of bat files, including a template for customizing your own servers. Server operators need to remember that the ServerInstance must be incremented for each server that is launched. The maximum number of servers supported on a single machine is 15.

Adjustments
• Chat support while waiting to respawn and during end of game
• Server Browser Filter options are now saved to an ini file
• Added Filter Passworded option in Server Browser
• Dedicated Server Window shows name of sever

Fixes
• General improvements in patching process and fixes to startup issues
• MNC scientists adjusted cloning error that introduced pink eye to Assault and Pit Girl
• Changed Gamertag to Player Name
• Gear material adjustments for burning, cloaking, rezing out
• Clock numbers set to high resolution for legibility
• Mouse scrolling in Server Browser
BioShock
A regular
A regular

Re: Will Monday Night Combat be offered as a game server opt

Post by BioShock »

We are Looking into this game on our machines, The CEO of NFo may reply on this some more...
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

I bet soon as John has time he will support this game.
Jstn7477
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Jstn7477 »

Any updates on this? (I know John is probably very busy.)

If not, how difficult is it to install a game via HLDSUpdateTool and maintain it on an unmanaged VDS? I'd probably install TF2 and MNC servers on said VDS.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

MNC isn't something we can offer yet, unfortunately, as it doesn't support IP binding (and the usual workaround for games without it isn't working). This appears to be because the developers based it off an older version of UE3 from before patches to support multihoming were released by Epic -- UT3 had the same issue when it first came out.

MNC does run well on unmanaged VDSes and it is fairly easy to set up and configure. It can be downloaded through hldsupdatetool, and that download comes with the setup files for required support libraries (DirectX, PhysX, MSVC) and batch files with example startup lines.