Loss

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
WildCard
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Loss

Post by WildCard »

hello my server for the last 2 weeks usually has loss from about 3-6. Its not client settings i experimented with my rate, cl_cmdrate, and cl_updaterate. I am not the only one in the server experiencing the problem its everyone.

i was just wandering if you could tell me if its everyone that has this problem and its in the process of being fixed or if it is just my server
my server address is dofa.nuclearfallout.net

im not angry or anything its no big problem but some of my team mates are buggin me about it so i told them id talk to you.
thx for help
Anubis
Staff
Staff

Post by Anubis »

If you think your problem is specific to your machine you will get a faster response and/or fix by sending an email to rentals@nuclearfallout.net .
IRC @ #ruthlesslords on Gamesnet

http://www.ruthlesslords.net

rlpub.nuclearfallout.net
dL-Templisk
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by dL-Templisk »

I had the same problem, my server was running fine and then it hit shit for a couple days loss wise and it wasn't just me, and it wasn't map related that I could see.

Today it went back to a nice smoothe server so maybe it's rotating errors?
[HuN]CHuCKstA
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by [HuN]CHuCKstA »

WildCard
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by WildCard »

i did not have hlguard on the server so it was not that causin all the loss but it seems to have fixed itself and i guess it was just for that period of time. everyone in server still gets like 1 loss every 30 sec but its nothing i cant deal with.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Most consumer ISPs and even backbone routers occasionally drop a packet, so that's certainly much better.