Halo Ce bad connection

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
3nf
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Halo Ce bad connection

Post by 3nf »

Hi, I have 3 servers Halo CE installed on different servers dedicated, and all three have this problem if anyone can help me to fix it, thanks in advance

-ip xx.xx.xx.98 -port 2302 +maxplayers 16 -exec init.txt
Attachments
halo.jpg
(44.48 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Re: Halo Ce bad connection

Post by TimeX »

Is that HLSW in the image? HLSW has a bad habit of showing connection problems and time outs when the server doesn't actually lose connection. Do you see these problems in game?

Also, are all of these servers at the same location, or different locations?
TimeX
3nf
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by 3nf »

if I go to the server, play well for a while, but at times loses the connection, and are the different locations dallas and ATL, and have servers in CS1.6 and HLSW do not check the error
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Please send us your MTR while the problem is happening: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =25&t=4272. Send this directly to us through our support request system.
k0lt
New to forums
New to forums

Post by k0lt »

Trying not to bring back a dead topic or anything but I specialize in halo ce servers. >.>

I think I know your problem. If you are on an un-managed VDS/VPS, then its just the ports not being setup correctly and all 3 servers are interfering with each-other if they are all using the default 2302 port.

This is easy to fix.

Right click [haloceded.exe] in your halo folder and click [Create Shortcut].

Move the shortcut where you want it. Mine are all inside a folder.

Now right click the shortcut you created and click [Properties].

Inside, you will see a text entry under the [shortcut] tab called [target].

What you will need to do, is add this at the end:
-port 2000 [any number port].

So it will look like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\haloceded.exe" -port 2000

That server will now run on port 2000. Do the same for the remaining servers you have but with different port numbers.

NFO has a really strong system. I have 12.. Yes, 12 running on a Dual-Core VDS all running the SAPP plugin. On a single core, I could throw 5 on there. I was able to do 6 but then the cpu was at a 97-100% full load running all that so I just stopped at 5. I would be scared at seeing what a dedicated machine would do. Haha

Hope this helps you or anyone else in need of an issue on haloce.