rtcw server - anomaly

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
pointman9
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

rtcw server - anomaly

Post by pointman9 »

Recently purchases a return to castle wolfenstein server (rtcw).

Noticed some weird things going on, even after changing the server.cfg to a very basic competition config from years past.

One of the most prudent things going on is related to dropping a weapon and have it remaining on the screen/ground even after picking it up. Dropping the same weapon multiple times leaves a trail as you move along. This shouldn't happen.

I loaded the OSP mod files for competition, but this issue occurs with both the standard game and the OSP mod loaded. I'm not sure if there was some corruption issue on the server setup or what specifically is going on; but I have tried altering the config to no avail.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?
killingjosh
New to forums
New to forums

Re: rtcw server - anomaly

Post by killingjosh »

I have the same issue. But for me its on shrubmod. I am unsure as to if it is the mod or the server cfg. Any help from the Master Admin would be nice! 8)
|HP|KillinG_JosH
Happy Penguin Classic
RTCW - 74.91.114.83:27960
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

If I remember correctly this is something I've seen in the past from other customers as well. I believe the issue was related to a mod or some setting in his server.cfg.

If you'd like you can open a request and have us run a server repair and get you our stock server.cfg to help rule out possible causes.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
killingjosh
New to forums
New to forums

Post by killingjosh »

kraze wrote:If I remember correctly this is something I've seen in the past from other customers as well. I believe the issue was related to a mod or some setting in his server.cfg.

If you'd like you can open a request and have us run a server repair and get you our stock server.cfg to help rule out possible causes.
I have open a ticket already (225167)
|HP|KillinG_JosH
Happy Penguin Classic
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

When I saw it in the past, this stemmed from the running mod being incompatible with the most recent version of RTCW (they essentially stopped developing it and never added support for the later minor server release). Switching to a different mod fixed it for clients.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Nice necro. :wink:

Never heard of this issue before, but since I have a RTCW server running shrubmod, now I feel compelled to go take a look.
killingjosh
New to forums
New to forums

Post by killingjosh »

TacTicToe wrote:Nice necro. :wink:

Never heard of this issue before, but since I have a RTCW server running shrubmod, now I feel compelled to go take a look.

necro? im confused.
|HP|KillinG_JosH
Happy Penguin Classic
killingjosh
New to forums
New to forums

Post by killingjosh »

also wanted to say that aparently it was something in the server.cfg that was causing the weapon bug. After a reset was done on the server.cfg it worked wonders. Just letting everyone know! :D
|HP|KillinG_JosH
Happy Penguin Classic
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »