NS2 Web Admin Broken

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Florp Incarnate
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

NS2 Web Admin Broken

Post by Florp Incarnate »

Hello NS2 Server Admins,

Has anyone experienced a loss of connectivity in their NS2 web admin console in the last few days? I mean specifically that the number of players is "undefined" and there is no actual feed from the server. Connected players are not listed, etc.

I just had the server re-imaged by NFO support but it did not correct the issue.

Thoughts?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: NS2 Web Admin Broken

Post by Edge100x »

It looks like this for the first couple of minutes after it is started. It also shows this if an invalid map is specified. If it's neither of those things, then it's likely a new bug in the game.
Florp Incarnate
New to forums
New to forums

I currently have 18 players on my server, and they have been there for ~30 minutes. The server was just re-imaged so it is running all standard maps. The console is still broken.

I opened an UWE forums thread as well: http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/ind ... pic=126190
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Post by BrendanG »

It sounds like a new bug :( Hopefully they will fix this up soon..
Florp Incarnate
New to forums
New to forums

Update. Looked at web console in firefox, and my http response headers are constantly looking like this:

cannot open system/lua/Compatibility.lua: No such file or directory;

Does anyone have this file in their NS2 server filesystem? I'm wondering if 'system' is an environment variable or something.

Also, is anyone else running an NS2 server on NFO getting this error? It looks like nobody else on the UWE boards is seeing this.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I saw the same thing with one of our test servers. I haven't been able to delve deeply into why yet. I also reset the base files (used for new installs) to exactly match what UWE is distributing, to be safe.
Mycologist
A regular
A regular

Post by Mycologist »

I am also getting this error. When installing the server locally, it works. Might be just an NFO issue.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We found the culprit to be that they added a new folder off of the base -- "system" -- that needs to be copied to all servers. Our install script has hard-coded base folder names (mostly to avoid copying the unnecessary "appcache" folder, Steam tools folder, etc), so this needed to be added to the script. A server repair should fix your server up.
Florp Incarnate
New to forums
New to forums

I had the server re-imaged and can confirm that this fixes the issue.