FTP Sub Users

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
TheLastPenguin
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

FTP Sub Users

Post by TheLastPenguin »

Requesting FTP Sub Users
FTP Sub Users would be a very useful features allowing server owners to grant our admin teams access to specific directories / track down events to individuals without severely compromising security by giving out the root password. FTP Subusers are supported by essentially all of the other hosting companies I have used, and I think it's really the one major feature NFO has yet to offer. Please consider adding the feature as I think it would be incredibly useful and a valuable tool for maintaining security and managing servers.

If you would also find this feature useful please reply to the thread as I'm really wanting this to be pushed up on the todo list for the NFO team.
(I was told to post this here by staff, after talking to support about the process to get a feature pushed up the todo list)
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: FTP Sub Users

Post by kraze »

This has been a feature on our to-do list for a long time :/. Unfortunately something like this is easier said then done with our system here.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It doesn't hurt to post, but this feature has been requested for years at only a low level, so I realize there isn't much demand for it.

In addition to supporting additional users, it sounds like you want to be able to specify fine-grained access to FTP folders (on an individual-user level) and to be able to examine FTP logs. These are a bit more complicated than just adding more users, but I will look into them, as well.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

This would be helpful for me as well
Not a NFO employee
TheLastPenguin
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by TheLastPenguin »

Edge100x wrote:It doesn't hurt to post, but this feature has been requested for years at only a low level, so I realize there isn't much demand for it.

In addition to supporting additional users, it sounds like you want to be able to specify fine-grained access to FTP folders (on an individual-user level) and to be able to examine FTP logs. These are a bit more complicated than just adding more users, but I will look into them, as well.
So does this mean this feature may be coming soon? :o
Siglor
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Siglor »

I find this would be very useful to the system. Additional users would be a great addition
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

He means that the feature is one that has been suggested but it hasn't been suggested by enough users to justify the developer time to push it up the priority scale and implement yet (other matters have been more pressing).

So, the more users that suggest it, the better chance it would get moved up on the to-do list.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!