Game Server Type of Raid in the Box?

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
StallionFire
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Game Server Type of Raid in the Box?

Post by StallionFire »

What kind of raid are the
drives in? 1,0,10,5 And how many hard drives are configured for the
Raid. What are the RPM's of the drives? 10,000 - 15,000 ETC....
Just curious about drive access times.

Thank you.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Game Server Type of Raid in the Box?

Post by kraze »

The raid configurations vary per machine and location but all VDS's are raid protected. The drives are standard 7200RPM drives.

I wouldn't expect access times to be an issue at all for you.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

We also offer SSD space with our VDSes and dedicated machines, and use it internally for particularly disk intensive servers (Minecraft).
StallionFire
New to forums
New to forums

Post by StallionFire »

Thank you for the responses. I do appreciate the fast answers.

We have a gaming community and are looking to host a Dayz Server. (ArmaII). I have been researching with other hosts and none of them give full access to the game files on the server. So, I was thinking that a virtual server at the prices you have listed would fit our needs and we will also be able to have 100% control over the game files.

I just want to make sure that it will have enough processor power and disk access speed to host the game.

do you have any other customers that run a Dayz gaming server? Would be nice to see one in action to give us a good idea of what to expect.

will a virtual server have enough power to do what we are trying to achieve?

Thank you for your time.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

We do have a few customers who run DayZ on VDS servers here. In my internal testing I noted that you'll want at least a three VDS as DayZ will use about two HT cores and then leaving the third for the OS.

I wouldn't expect DayZ to need an SSD anymore. I know there was an issue with a patch that caused heavy disk access but I believe that was taken care of some time ago.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!