Add HL Ricochet to Supported Games List

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Moses
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Add HL Ricochet to Supported Games List

Post by Moses »

After contacting support (thanks Charlie!), I was recommended to submit a forum post here to request adding the Half-Life mod, Ricochet, to the list of supported games. Game Information: http://store.steampowered.com/app/60/?l=german

Currently, NFO hosts very similar games to Ricochet including CS 1.6, Half-Life Deathmatch, and other GoldSrc/HL1 mods. Because of this, I think it would be extremely easy for NFO to provide Ricochet servers to customers (the setup is nearly identical to HLDM/CS1.6/etc in that it can run off of Steam's Dedicated Servers utility and the resources required by Ricochet servers are next to non-existent).

Even though there might not be a huge draw for Ricochet servers, there would be one new and very appreciative customer in me that would love to start doing business with NFO for this game. Since the mod is already supported by HLDS, the set up and approvals on NFO's part would be quite minimal and would be one more source of potential income for the company.

I hope NFO is able to approve of my request to add Ricochet to the supported games list so that I can start renting and playing soon.

Thank you!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Add HL Ricochet to Supported Games List

Post by Edge100x »

HL1 is in limbo right now (and has been for months) because Valve has half-converted it to SteamPipe and has several games in beta, with many compatible but different versions released through each tool. I'd want to hold off on considering support for more HL1-based games until after this transition period has ended.
Moses
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Moses »

Yeah....
I noticed some issues with mods after trying SteamPipe and set it aside. Now it irks me a little more, but I understand your position on it.

I guess we're left with waiting for it to stabilize or taking our chances with SteamCMD.
Moses
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Moses »

Any chance NFO would consider supporting Ricochet now that it has been updated to SteamPipe (http://steamcommunity.com/ogg/60/announ ... 7872370082)?

I don't assume that the update magically makes things easier or NFO to support Ricochet, but at least it seems like a signal that Ricochet is a little more solid now than it was when I originally created this thread.

Thanks!