Chivalry MW

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Mike Rowe
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Chivalry MW

Post by Mike Rowe »

Anyone have any experience with a 64 player Chivalry server? Every one I try to play on was really laggy and I was wondering if its just the server host they're using or if it's the game itself.
Siren
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Chivalry MW

Post by Siren »

Have you tried playing on servers from different hosts? Was the result the same?
<Spray> Please try locking your modem in a closet, or facing it towards the wall in the corner, so it knows its misbehaved
Mike Rowe
A regular
A regular

Post by Mike Rowe »

There's only a few active 64 slot servers in the game and they all lag and I cant't be sure what host they're using. Just want to see if anyone here has any experience with NFO 64 player servers before I invest in one.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Which engine does this game use?
Not a NFO employee
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Nevermind, found it.

It is using the unreal engine(3 i think).

I ran a 46 slot killing floor server which uses unreal engine 2, and it is fine until everyone gets together to fight the boss, there is noticeable lag when that happens. This was on an E3-1270, one of the fastest CPU's available. With the newer engine it is my opinion that it is simply not made to handle 64 player servers, I have no basis for this though.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

On C:MW, I don't recommend going above 48 slots or so. The game just is not optimized well enough to run 64 slots smoothly. We do offer 64 slots, and you'll have better performance with ours than other providers, but it still won't be perfect.

The only UE3 game that I have seen which is well-enough optimized for 64 slots is RO2/RS. TWI did a good job of hammering the UE3 code into something that could actually perform.