UT 99 help

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
Jad
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

UT 99 help

Post by Jad »

For the past 2 weeks plus my ut 99 server has been hacked with whats called wmessage hack resilting in serious server lag until we actually kick and or ban that certain player.
Today a player entered the server, the only one on it, (20 palyer max server) and no one else could connect and anyone who did couldnt do anything , this went on for 3 hours until i got home and seen the complaints on the forums, I restarted the server and everything was fine. The players name Blue_racer i tried getting the info in the aka logs but none, and that particular map chat log was gone, leaving only a tmp file. The only thing i can think of if someone paused the game, meaning they would have the password but in this case only 2 have it me and someone i trust not to do this. My question is, is there some sort of an exploit that can do this, and any help on how to catch the culprit would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks
Jad
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: UT 99 help

Post by soja »

I have no experience with that game, but if you can get this users IP via logs or something, you can probably use the firewall tab in your control panel to completely block their IP from accessing or even seeing your server online. I know you said you cannot find anything in the logs, but if it happens again it can be something to look for.
Not a NFO employee
xDizzy
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: UT 99 help

Post by xDizzy »

the game is old, some coders out there know every bone in the engine so someone must be bored and got nothing else to do so they're exploiting your server, depending on what it is there is nothing you can do about it, same story for ut2k4.