Feature Request: Requiring subscriptions be paid via coffers

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
moiph
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Feature Request: Requiring subscriptions be paid via coffers

Post by moiph »

I'd like to suggest a feature for subscription payments -- allowing a package to require being funded via the account's coffers.

So, if I opted a package into that feature, it would automatically cancel itself if the coffers did not contain enough funds to pay the server.

This currently would be very useful for two packages of mine that I no longer wish to cover out of pocket, but would like to keep active if people are donating.

To expand, maybe generalize this to define a source of funds so that I could say, mark some packages as requiring coffer funds, mark some as "use coffers as primary but not require", and another as "always use my paypal source" or something to that effect.

Right now I have to cancel packages and reactivate them manually if/when enough donations occur, which results in a support ticket opened and that's all just extra noise :)
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Feature Request: Requiring subscriptions be paid via cof

Post by kraze »

These are interesting ideas :D One of your suggestions is already in place, though. When a subscription comes around it will automatically use coffer funds before charging the payment source. I imagine though you're wanting that to apply to only specific packages?

Some of these features are hard to implement simply because it could get us in trouble. We talk a bit more about that here. http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =22&t=5361 The general idea is though is if we start acting like a bank we could be subjected to other rules and regulations.

Now given, it is probably a legal grey area but there is a big difference between a small company bending these rules and a larger company like NFO bending these rules.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
moiph
New to forums
New to forums

Post by moiph »

Right, the 2nd option is already in place and happens automatically. My main personal request is to just have the option to require funding from the coffers location only.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

When you're cancelling the subscription, if you say something like "will resubscribe later -- please close this support request", we'll likely understand to silently close it for you.
moiph
New to forums
New to forums

Post by moiph »

Yeah, that's what I've done so far -- but manual steps are so laaame :)