HOMEFRONT ADMIN QUESTIONS

Use this forum if you have a relatively general question or comment about a game, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, or Murmur/Mumble server with us. If you have a server-specific question that might not help out the community, please directly contact us through your control panel instead.
AFVENOM
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

HOMEFRONT ADMIN QUESTIONS

Post by AFVENOM »

Anyone able to help with the following few questions?:

1.) Can I create sub admins. and if so, how?

2.) I once saw a command that would list the players ingame, does anyone know it? It is difficult trying to ban/kick anyone from in game as you cannot cut and paste any names from the homefront menu and paste them in the console.

3.)How can I add a custom banner? I have seen this on a few servers, do I just find and replace the existing banner .bmp with my own of the same size?

4.) Big Brother Bot, Is it good? It seems incredibly difficult to install AND it requires another server, can someone explain it to me?

I have done intense internet searching and have not learned much about the above questions, ANY help would be greatly appreciated
AFVENOM
New to forums
New to forums

Re: HOMEFRONT ADMIN QUESTIONS

Post by AFVENOM »

BUMP*********************** :? :? :?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: HOMEFRONT ADMIN QUESTIONS

Post by kraze »

1.) Can I create sub admins. and if so, how?
I do not believe Homefront supports in-game admins but our control panel does. You can create sub users via the panel access tab in your control panel so they can help you administrate the server.
2.) I once saw a command that would list the players ingame, does anyone know it? It is difficult trying to ban/kick anyone from in game as you cannot cut and paste any names from the homefront menu and paste them in the console.
It sounds like what you are looking for is " admin kick "name"". This is listed here http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =63&t=5128 along with another link which provides more context on admin commands.
3.)How can I add a custom banner? I have seen this on a few servers, do I just find and replace the existing banner .bmp with my own of the same size?
I haven't looked too deep in to this but it sounds like what you're referring to is your "motd", this can be edited by editing your "DedicatedProfile_server/DedicatedPlaylist" file.
4.) Big Brother Bot, Is it good? It seems incredibly difficult to install AND it requires another server, can someone explain it to me?
Many people use Big Brother Bot and some like it. I don't believe it's crazy hard to install but if you don't know what you're doing it could be difficult. BBB currently has an issue where it doesn't grab the FTP log files correctly due to a bug in their software that the developers haven't fixed. So it's possible you may see issues in using it.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!