I connect thru FTP

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
jmoss
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

I connect thru FTP

Post by jmoss »

Hey, I just got the Windows server 2012 R2 and I have added FTP and IIS, services are running too, but cannot connect to the server. I have read everything I could find on the forums and I have had no luck. Sent a request for help thru CP and waiting. For some reason I cannot even make a connection. I have entered my server IP and user name, pw and port 21. Not choosing TLS. Basic FTP connection. Does anyone know why this just is not working?
Is there a separate IP besides the main server IP I should be using? Am I using the correct username? I'm lost as to what is happening or in this case...not happening. I cannot transfer my game files if I cannot connect.
Any ideas or answers are appreciated. Thanks
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: I connect thru FTP

Post by Edge100x »

The FTP software included with IIS is a bit tricky to configure and use. Have you considered installing FileZilla or another separate FTP service?

When it comes to transferring files to the server, generally it is easiest to download them directly -- through steamcmd on the server, for instance, or a web browser on the server. If you are transferring small files from your client desktop to the server, using the transferring facility in Remote Desktop works well; if you set it up to share the local clipboard, you can copy and paste the files.