Linux HLDS (5787)?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
evil_master
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Linux HLDS (5787)?

Post by evil_master »

Does anyone have the core files for the 5787 Linux HLDS build? I inadvertently updated a server with steamCMD forgetting that Alfred Reynolds does not like custom sprays, and to appeal to the masses, id like to revert the HLDS to an older version that supports custom sprays.

if anyone still has these files, id greatly appreciate them, or if you know where I can get old hlds versions from, that would be good too. :)
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Linux HLDS (5787)?

Post by soja »

Can't you still download from the older hldsupdatetool? I thought the files were still there, just an older version. It has been a while since I used it, I could be wrong.
Not a NFO employee
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

From what I know you can still use custom sprays in latest HLDS. Also by moving back to older version you will be removing your server from valve master server list, so I would not recommend it.
evil_master
A regular
A regular

Post by evil_master »

soja wrote:Can't you still download from the older hldsupdatetool? I thought the files were still there, just an older version. It has been a while since I used it, I could be wrong.
hldsupdatetool content servers are offline
$atanic $pirit wrote:From what I know you can still use custom sprays in latest HLDS. Also by moving back to older version you will be removing your server from valve master server list, so I would not recommend it.
ive tested on several versions, the latest steamcmd version STILL has gamebreaking bugs, so I wouldnt run it anyways, and I have confirmed on several versions that sprays indeed are NOT working (otherwise I wouldnt be asking for a linux downgrade package)