What's the problem and/or difference?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
DJShocker
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

What's the problem and/or difference?

Post by DJShocker »

Hello, NFO Community!

It's been about a month of me being an NFO Customer, and this is my first post. Hopefully, someone can assist me on figuring out the issue here:

I run several game servers, mostly dealing with Multi-Theft Auto: San Andreas and San Andreas Multiplayer and a DayZ mod server coming back online soon.

I have a VDS here running Windows Server 2008 R2 and have been testing a SA-MP server on my local Windows 7 Ultimate system and a Windows 7 Home Premium system. Everything is running great. The script/server uses the streamer.dll sscanf.dll and mysql.dll (MySQL R34 plugin). The server/script runs great on my local machine, however, upon uploading it to the Windows VDS server, it boots up just fine. Within about 4 to 6 seconds, it keeps restarting the script. No errors. Just restarts the gamemode.
The plugins require Microsoft Visual 2010 and 2012 and they both are installed.
What's the difference in the operating systems that could cause this?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: What's the problem and/or difference?

Post by kraze »

Windows 2008 R2 is pretty much a copy of Windows 7, so I wouldn't expect any compatibility issues there. When you say it restarts, does the server itself restart or something else happening?

Is there anything logged in the server logs or event viewer about this?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
DJShocker
New to forums
New to forums

Post by DJShocker »

kraze wrote:Windows 2008 R2 is pretty much a copy of Windows 7, so I wouldn't expect any compatibility issues there. When you say it restarts, does the server itself restart or something else happening?

Is there anything logged in the server logs or event viewer about this?
No. No errors, nothing. The server stays running, but the gamemode (script) restarts.

On my Windows 7 installation at home, it runs perfect. I don't understand it either.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Is there a console you can look at to see if there are any errors, have you expiremented with the "pause" command in a batch file to be able to view errors if the command prompt closes?

I don't have much experience with SA:MP, do you have any screenshots of the issue?
Not a NFO employee
DJShocker
New to forums
New to forums

Post by DJShocker »

soja wrote:Is there a console you can look at to see if there are any errors, have you expiremented with the "pause" command in a batch file to be able to view errors if the command prompt closes?

I don't have much experience with SA:MP, do you have any screenshots of the issue?
yes there is a console and it also writes the content of that console in a server.log file. all errors would output to that as well, but there are none. the console (server) never closes, the gamemode just restarts.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Have you tried doing a fresh install directly to the VDS to see if that helps at all?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
DJShocker
New to forums
New to forums

Post by DJShocker »

kraze wrote:Have you tried doing a fresh install directly to the VDS to see if that helps at all?
That's something I'm considering. Just looking to see if there are other options before going through all that. :-\