Battlefield 2142 Server - Versions Different

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
TE5LA
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Battlefield 2142 Server - Versions Different

Post by TE5LA »

Okay, I have BF2142 on Origin and it is updated. I have a BF2142 dedicated server which is supposedly the latest version (1.51). In the server browser, I can connect to about 98% of servers but my own is listed in red. Connecting error says my client is NEWER than the server, but the server is the latest.

I decided to try and update my client anyway in case the message was just incorrect and it installed something in Origin. I then tried again and I could still connect to most servers but my own told me my client was OLDER than the server.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly: My client and server were the latest versions yet my client was NEWER than the server until I updated my client with a newer version and now my client is OLDER than the server's version which was NEWER than my client before updating my client to a newer version.
Join [xTc] Xtreme Tactical Combat Forums: http://xtc.getmyip.com
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Battlefield 2142 Server - Versions Different

Post by Edge100x »

We don't support 2142 in our standalone server system, so I don't know very much about this one myself. But, it's worth hunting around for other versions to make sure that you have the latest patch/hotfix.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Maybe give one of these a shot? Best I could find on 2142 servers. I got the game on origin for dirt cheap and I really wish I could get a ranked server :/

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2142/

EDIT: From http://help.ea.com/en/article/latest-pa ... ield-2142/

The origin version might be different than the regular stand alone version, is there an origin server version or anything?
Not a NFO employee
TE5LA
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TE5LA »

I spent hours online and on the phone with EA/Origin tech support people who could provide no answers to this. They don't even know what the latest versions of these programs should be. The phone support guy was nice about it but said that although they developed the programs and owned them, they weren't really theirs so they couldn't support them, whatever that means.

Anyway, I finally figured out what the issue was. I did not not have the latest dedicated server version, which is very difficult to locate. The version checking of the client must have been faulty because it would tell me it was older one time and newer the next.

I tried finding out by asking on other servers I could connect to, but found them less-than-friendly and was even kicked for asking.

Just so anyone seeking the answer to this might be helped, I will tell you that the final version of the dedicated Windows server is 1.10.112.0.

And I know where you can rent a ranked BF2142 server.
Join [xTc] Xtreme Tactical Combat Forums: http://xtc.getmyip.com
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

TE5LA wrote:I spent hours online and on the phone with EA/Origin tech support people who could provide no answers to this. They don't even know what the latest versions of these programs should be. The phone support guy was nice about it but said that although they developed the programs and owned them, they weren't really theirs so they couldn't support them, whatever that means.

Anyway, I finally figured out what the issue was. I did not not have the latest dedicated server version, which is very difficult to locate. The version checking of the client must have been faulty because it would tell me it was older one time and newer the next.

I tried finding out by asking on other servers I could connect to, but found them less-than-friendly and was even kicked for asking.

Just so anyone seeking the answer to this might be helped, I will tell you that the final version of the dedicated Windows server is 1.10.112.0.

And I know where you can rent a ranked BF2142 server.
If it isn't NFO, I'm not interested :( I would just put it on our managed dedis (no cost to us).
Not a NFO employee
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

My community ran numerous 2142 servers for years and dropped it due to lack of support and crashes.

The current version you want is 1.51. Good luck with that. Apparently there are two versions of 1.51 out there. The game has too much confusion probably why tech support could not assist you.

The last patch split the remaining community into two. Some had 1.50 while others moved on to 1.51. They never forced the update with the ranked GSPs. They do this now since BC2.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

There are several versions of server files floating around when you google for them.
Most of them wouldn't work.
Someone here I think pointed me to the correct working ones.

I will see if I can locate the post but it was several years ago.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/