Segmentation fault (core dumped) csgo

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
GlowDark
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Post by GlowDark »

I had a csgo server running on a VPS few days ago was working just fine.
Patch came out 2 days ago or so and now I get this error

I have this on 2 different machines in 2 different locations.

Haven't found a fix any where and I know this isn't valve/steam but I already put in a ticket and it is going to take days for them to tell me to reinstall and shit like that. If any of you have a fix that you think will work that would be awesome.

Thanks for any/all help
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Segmentation fault (core dumped) csgo

Post by $atanic $pirit »

Did you check for steam_appid.txt file ?

It should have 730 in it.

That's the most common cause of segment fault error. If that doesn't work then try to update server by steamcmd tool.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Segmentation fault is a generic error that occurs for a wide variety of reasons. Above that error, what do you see in the log?

Have you already tried a separate fresh installation to see if it has the same issue?
GlowDark
New to forums
New to forums

Post by GlowDark »

$atanic $pirit wrote:Did you check for steam_appid.txt file ?

It should have 730 in it.

That's the most common cause of segment fault error. If that doesn't work then try to update server by steamcmd tool.
Didn't work.
Edge100x wrote:Segmentation fault is a generic error that occurs for a wide variety of reasons. Above that error, what do you see in the log?

Have you already tried a separate fresh installation to see if it has the same issue?
http://pastebin.com/RqFDnPhF

Of CSGO and we have now tried windows.... windows works but eats everything (aka ram/cpu) would really like for this to work on linux...
Ubuntu 13.10 (GNU/Linux 3.11.0-15-generic x86_64) = what we have tried to use on 2 different servers.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Have you already tried a separate fresh installation to see if it has the same issue? Your message indicates that you're trying to load Sourcemod.
GlowDark
New to forums
New to forums

Post by GlowDark »

Edge100x wrote:Have you already tried a separate fresh installation to see if it has the same issue? Your message indicates that you're trying to load Sourcemod.
The problem is with sourcemod... we just tested. Any ideas on how to fix this? or run a server with 128 tick without it?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

GlowDark wrote:
Edge100x wrote:Have you already tried a separate fresh installation to see if it has the same issue? Your message indicates that you're trying to load Sourcemod.
The problem is with sourcemod... we just tested. Any ideas on how to fix this? or run a server with 128 tick without it?
You don't need to use sourcemod for 128 tick. Have you tried their latest snapshots? Remove all custom plugins? Try stable and dev releases(not snapshots)?
Not a NFO employee
GlowDark
New to forums
New to forums

Post by GlowDark »

I'm not really sure what snapshots is. We removed all plugins and just ran it base and it worked fine but as soon as sourcemod goes on it craps out. by stable and dev releases im guessing you mean base csgo? and yeah we tried that but if u dont mean that then i dont know what you mean.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

GlowDark wrote:I'm not really sure what snapshots is. We removed all plugins and just ran it base and it worked fine but as soon as sourcemod goes on it craps out. by stable and dev releases im guessing you mean base csgo? and yeah we tried that but if u dont mean that then i dont know what you mean.
Sourcemod has quite a few different releases you can try.

Official release: http://www.sourcemod.net/downloads.php

Snapshots: http://www.sourcemod.net/snapshots.php
(Both dev and stable releases are here)

You can try each of these to see if you can get it working. You can see your OS(windows or linux) on the "Server Health" tab.
Not a NFO employee
GlowDark
New to forums
New to forums

Post by GlowDark »

Tried snapshots and same error both dev and stable we have also already tried the latest version of sourcemod.

Where do the crash log's get placed?
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

You can find logs from SM at this location.

Code: Select all

Server Directory/cs_go/addons/sourcemod/logs
If you want the console logs then you gotta add this in command line.

-condebug

This will create a file named console.log in cs_go folder.

Code: Select all

Server Directory/cs_go/
GlowDark
New to forums
New to forums

Post by GlowDark »

We found a version of Snapshots that worked for our server and now everything is working perfectly.
Thank you to everyone for the help

[SOLVED]