How to access Collection addons?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Fortune
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How to access Collection addons?

Post by Fortune »

So, I added my addons via the collection ID. I'm wondering how I would get to the files for them to get the playermodels, configure them, etc. Can anyone help?
joshh20
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: How to access Collection addons?

Post by joshh20 »

I believe you are referring to Garry's Mod, so you would do that here: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=4000
Fortune
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Fortune »

Yea, Gmod. But I need to be able to edit the addon config and get the .mdl strings and stuff.
joshh20
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by joshh20 »

Oh, so you are actually needing to unpack the .gma files? Garry provides a tool for this included with Garry's Mod. You can read the guide here: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1242185
Fortune
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Fortune »

I already have that. I've used it before, but that's not how I got the addons in the server this time.

So I can't access the addon files via FTP. And if I unpack them and put them in the server, it would take forever and most likely break.
joshh20
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by joshh20 »

If you are wanting to modify the files that are on the server without unpacking them, you can't do that. Could you try rephrasing what problem you are having?
Fortune
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Fortune »

Hmm. Ok, is there a way to unpack all of the addons that are already on my server? I added them via the collection method.
joshh20
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by joshh20 »

No, once they are added to your managed server, you can not actually unpack them on there, you would have to copy them to your machine and unpack them on that, and then re-upload them after the modifications were made.
Fortune
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Fortune »

Well that sucks. Because I don't have the computer power to do most of them. Thanks for the help anyways.