Backups?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Backups?

Post by Bubka3 »

I see in a lot of places it mentioned you should keep backups. I'm curious how other users achieve this?

This only applies to self-managed services, the managed ones are backed up by NFo.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Backups?

Post by soja »

Personally, i use rsync over SSH on my unmanaged linux VDS's for backups. I copy the files to a budget high storage VPS from another company.
Not a NFO employee
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by Bubka3 »

Should of mentioned I'm using Windows for this particular VDS, so classic solutions (like rsync) aren't possible unfortunately.
rustydusty1717
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rustydusty1717 »

If it's strictly game servers you run, I would keep a backup myself of the config files only. The game server and files can be re downloaded very easily. Besides using nice Perci style RAID cards I don't see Nfo backing up every single virtual machine for the fact these machines are running mission critical applications for enterprise or corporate environments.