Constant Server crashes. Anyone have any ideas?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
NeonHeights
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Constant Server crashes. Anyone have any ideas?

Post by NeonHeights »

Ive run a 10 core VDS with 9 tf2 servers running off of it (I run linux, not windows). When all servers are full we run about 40% cpu usage with 230-240 players online. Over the last few months, the servers have been crashing a lot. Each server crashes once every day or two and I cant tell why from the logs. There was a topic posted here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... 44&t=10357 with people having the same issue and it was never answered. Im getting annoyed at these crashes because other server owners I know do not have these issues. It may have something to do with linux as an operating system but I really have no idea. Here are some of the messages in the crash logs that im getting:
"./exec_mainhub.run: line 324: 5921 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $HL_CMD

warning: Could not load shared library symbols for linux-gate.so.1.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"? "
"./exec_mainhub.run: line 324: 7304 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $HL_CMD

./exec_mainhub.run: line 324: 6615 Bus error (core dumped) $HL_CMD

Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?
"DataTable warning: player: Out-of-range value (122007.625000) in SendPropFloat 'm_flLastDamageTime', clamping.
DataTable warning: player: Out-of-range value (122009.921875) in SendPropFloat 'm_flLastDamageTime', clamping.
DataTable warning: player: Out-of-range value (122004.312500) in SendPropFloat 'm_flLastDamageTime', clamping.
DataTable warning: player: Out-of-range value (122010.039062) in SendPropFloat 'm_flLastDamageTime', clamping.
DataTable warning: player: Out-of-range value (121909.812500) in SendPropFloat 'm_flLastDamageTime', clamping.
DataTable warning: player: Out-of-range value (121999.437500) in SendPropFloat 'm_flLastDamageTime', clamping.
./exec_serverfive.run: line 324: 7679 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $HL_CMD

"ost_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline ServerMapCycleMvM

L 09/10/2014 - 01:53:55: Engine error: Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline ServerMapCycleMvM

./exec_mainhub.run: line 324: 13802 Segmentation fault (core dumped) $HL_CMD

Lots of 'core dumped' stuff for no apparent reason. And the last one is weird as it references MvM and I dont even run MvM servers... Extremely confusing and annoying. The majority of the crashes happen on my hub server (the busiest of all of them) which crashes once, sometimes twice a day. Ive updated SourceMod and Metamod MULTIPLE times, and removed a ton of plugins to see if any were conflicting, and I STILL get crashes. Anyone have any ideas or ways to help? This has been happening for months.
I'm currently running seven 32-slot Team Fortress 2 servers and have been for the past two years. If you want to check us out on steam, visit our group or website www.NeonheightsServers.com
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Constant Server crashes. Anyone have any ideas?

Post by $atanic $pirit »

I would like to get a better answer to this issue as well. I'm having the same issues, but with Gold Source engine. I realize that issue might not be the same, but something tells me it has more to do with the Linus OS rather than game servers.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Segfaults are a pretty generic error, giving no indication to the cause. I have had these from sm plugins, bad maps, etc.

"Engine error: Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table" is interesting, I have messed with string tables before in GMOD and this seems to mean the string table was full. I think the mention about MvM doesn't mean much.

Overall, these errors don't indicate an OS problem(to me). The mentions about .so files at the end are just warnings, they are not part of the cause for the crashes.
Not a NFO employee
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

soja wrote: Overall, these errors don't indicate an OS problem(to me). The mentions about .so files at the end are just warnings, they are not part of the cause for the crashes.
I'm not saying that I'm certain about it being an OS issue, but I never had this issue on my unmanaged box with same setup. That is something interesting, since according to my knowledge both boxes run Gentoo. The only difference being one is managed and other is unmanaged.
NeonHeights
New to forums
New to forums

Post by NeonHeights »

I googled the issue and a lot of other people have been dealing with the same crao.

I have one server that runs base sourcemod with next to no plugins at all and it crashes from time to time, but not as much as the others (Like once-twice a week vs once a day). I don't think it has to do with the map because I run the same map as other server owners whos servers never crash.. like ever.

Then on the other hand, I run a server PACKED with plugins (like 70-80 plugins) and it has tons of donators on it 24/7 using commands, and it crashes the same amount if not less then the main servers. Its very strange and confusing and I have no idea how to fix this issue, the log saying nothing about the crash doesnt help either, and theres no errors in the sourcemod logs or normal log files
I'm currently running seven 32-slot Team Fortress 2 servers and have been for the past two years. If you want to check us out on steam, visit our group or website www.NeonheightsServers.com
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

Did you try to use the dev versions of SM and MM? Usually they are not recommended, but it could be worth a try.