srcds.exe stops working.

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
preben
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

srcds.exe stops working.

Post by preben »

My server runner stops working for some reason, it dumps a crash file but i don't know how to look into this file.

How often does it crash?
It crashes when the server starts to fill up, sometimes the server can run with a lot of people all day without any crash.

The crashes happens very rarely but it does happen.

I tried getting help from their official forum with no luck, the forum is abandoned.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: srcds.exe stops working.

Post by soja »

add -condebug to your command line. This will generate a console.log file in your garrysmod folder.

After you see your server has crashed, you can look at the log file to see what the last lines were before the crash.

Usually the server will reboot and continue to run after a crash, making the last lines hard to find. This is what I do:

Look at the top of the file to see what it says when the server says on boot.
Go to the bottom of the file, ctrl+f and look for that line with the "Up" setting.
When your text editor finds the line, the lines right before it were where the server crashed.

I would suggest Notepad++ to read these log files, if the file is over roughly 250MB, you will need to use something else.
Not a NFO employee
Septharoth
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Septharoth »

http://rebornservers.com/downloads/CD_x ... indows.zip

You can use this to monitor your srcds.exe, running with a batch file your server will always restart. Just a little something I threw together with autoit. Works well, and preconfigured for source servers.
preben
A regular
A regular

Post by preben »

I don't trust this program the info said this:

";Any resale of this product is violating the EULA sent to you upon buying this from Septharoth.
;If you paid anyone other than Septharoth/RebornServers for this application, please request a refund and
;make sure you delete this app from your computer, as it may be malicious."

I'm still looking for some help.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

preben wrote:I don't trust this program the info said this:

";Any resale of this product is violating the EULA sent to you upon buying this from Septharoth.
;If you paid anyone other than Septharoth/RebornServers for this application, please request a refund and
;make sure you delete this app from your computer, as it may be malicious."

I'm still looking for some help.

That is just a warning saying you shouldn't download the application from anywhere else but from them, or pay anyone else for it. Likely safe to use, but I'd encourage you to scan it using your own anti-virus/malware.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
preben
A regular
A regular

Post by preben »

I ran the program the server crashed and it didn't catch the error message.

I have a console log, but it contains personal information such as, chat logs, and so on. I tried locating the crash in the 44mb big text file without any luck.

Anything else i can do?
preben
A regular
A regular

Post by preben »

Still looking for some help regarding this issue.