Issues With phpmyadmin on Linux Single Core VDS

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Oneleg
Staff
Staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Issues With phpmyadmin on Linux Single Core VDS

Post by Oneleg »

So I recently purchased the (Unmanaged) Linux Single Core VDS so I can host my own SQL database to run with my Gmod servers. I chose to use the Ubuntu OS and installed everything needed with the use of PuTTy (following this guide: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... 46&t=11140) I followed the directions correctly, and I am able to access the panel for phpmyadmin just fine.

However even after creating a new user with no host, and permissions for everything - and having the server use the user credentials for that; no tables are being created.

Do I need to set it to accept external connections somehow like I would on a managed panel? Or did I set up something incorrectly?
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Issues With phpmyadmin on Linux Single Core VDS

Post by rymax99 »

You should check logs for the application you're trying to utilize your MySQL server with. They will more than likely offer insight as to where the application is failing, weather it be the connection to the SQL server, the database, authentication, etc.

As a bit of a side note, keep in mind that phpMyAdmin is only a front-end for MySQL(and other similar SQL daemons), so the only thing it's doing is sending commands to MySQL to retrieve/send data and show it to you in a web UI.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Issues With phpmyadmin on Linux Single Core VDS

Post by soja »

Leaving the host blank is likely your problem. If you want to open up your mysql user to be able to log in from anywhere in the world(not recommended), put the host as %. Otherwise put in your VDS/machines primary IP address.
Not a NFO employee