Run server as a service?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
bfrqrv
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Run server as a service?

Post by bfrqrv »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what is the easiest way to get an application as a service running?
I am in the middle of a trial to get my servers up and running.
Its very easy to do, and I do that for 15 years already.
But every time I wake up in the morning the servers and other apps are gone. It seems that the issue is because off the windows logout.

I know there are third party program's, and I am trying one right now witj limits.
I saw some tutorials about windows handle it, but it will not work at the moment. I have some parameters that I give with the start off the server. And I like that I can see the console always. So the only thing I want is 2 program's that stay on all the time, even when I am logging off. One is the server console, an the on is only a text file.

How do you guys handle this. I am on 2008 R2.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Run server as a service?

Post by Edge100x »

FireDaemon is probably the easiest way.

But, it's not free. Free options include NSSM.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

I use Firedaemon for our servers. Works flawlessly. It is $50 for a one time fee.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

Used Firedaemon a long time ago and by far the most complete control panel out there for a fair price.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Agreed. You can also install Firedaemon Fusion, which is free, and you can connect to your FD via a web interface. So you don't have to connect to your box. You can even create user accounts to give your members the ability to stop/restart servers as needed. Well worth the price.