1 core windows server?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Greywolf
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

1 core windows server?

Post by Greywolf »

What happened to where you could get a 1 core vds with windows?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: 1 core windows server?

Post by kraze »

We routinely reevaluate package configurations to provide our customers with the best deal possible. In the case of the single-core option it simply didn't make sense to offer it any longer due to the cost associated with it. Our two-core option offers double the amount of resources for roughly $2 additional dollars.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Windows also performs terribly with a single core and 1GB of ram. I would never recommend that config, for anything.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

soja wrote:Windows also performs terribly with a single core and 1GB of ram. I would never recommend that config, for anything.
Agreed. I was glad when we finally were able to get the price point down on the 2-core to a really affordable point so that we could eliminate that single-core Windows option, because it was never really powerful enough to do more than really basic things with.