Rust Server Maintenance Restart Question

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Joykiller
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Rust Server Maintenance Restart Question

Post by Joykiller »

So, I've set my server up and its running fine, made a few scripts to do automatic updates and backups via bat's and task scheduler.

However, was thinking of setting up automated restart of the Rust server once every 24 hours. I know that NFO has their own script system on their official hosted game server packages. Was wondering if who ever wrote that would share how they do it based on amount of users online etc. If you wouldn't mind sharing.

Otherwise, Whats the best method to do a reboot with in game announcement of a restart?

I was thinking of doing a batch task kill, for restart. But cannot think of a decent way to add a batch script to automatically msg through Rcon. Any Ideas?
Joykiller
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Rust Server Maintenance Restart Question

Post by Joykiller »

So really need to figure out a decent way to login via rcon through the server to run command like "Say server going offline in 5m" then do sleep + task kill.. Question is, whats the best method to connect through rcon from localhost?
Joykiller
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Rust Server Maintenance Restart Question

Post by Joykiller »

So I wrote a small C# cli rcon program to accomplish issuing commands before it closes. You can close this thread now.