How to Forward ports for OPEN NAT type on XBL

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
fuxum
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How to Forward ports for OPEN NAT type on XBL

Post by fuxum »

As the title says. Im trying to figure out how to forward the ports on my server i have it through OPENVPN. to be able to get OPEN nat type on XBL i've had moderate but for some reason it has switched to strict and i need help setting this up any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: How to Forward ports for OPEN NAT type on XBL

Post by kraze »

We don't block any ports on our end, so those should all be open and readily available for connections. What OS are you running and is the firewall tab in your control panel have any blocks on it?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
fuxum
New to forums
New to forums

Post by fuxum »

kraze wrote:We don't block any ports on our end, so those should all be open and readily available for connections. What OS are you running and is the firewall tab in your control panel have any blocks on it?
Im running "Ubuntu 14.04 x64" I know there open, ive been reading on how to forward them some way through "IPtables" to forward them where you can get a open NAT type on xbox, but i just haven't been able what commands or simply how to do it. and no i have nothing selected in the "firewall" tab. also should i have certain things selected so i can prevent DoS attacks? im kind of new to the putty server stuff and im just not sure what to type and really how to work it
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

fuxum wrote:
kraze wrote:We don't block any ports on our end, so those should all be open and readily available for connections. What OS are you running and is the firewall tab in your control panel have any blocks on it?
Im running "Ubuntu 14.04 x64" I know there open, ive been reading on how to forward them some way through "IPtables" to forward them where you can get a open NAT type on xbox, but i just haven't been able what commands or simply how to do it. and no i have nothing selected in the "firewall" tab. also should i have certain things selected so i can prevent DoS attacks? im kind of new to the putty server stuff and im just not sure what to type and really how to work it
Something you should know, you actually shouldn't be a host for a Xbox live game. Since you are tunneling your connection to your VDS, then to your xbox, it would result in worse connection quality for everyone playing compared to someone hosting without using a VPN. I assume you want open NAT to be able to become a host in online multiplayer games.
Not a NFO employee
fuxum
New to forums
New to forums

Post by fuxum »

soja wrote:
fuxum wrote:
Something you should know, you actually shouldn't be a host for a Xbox live game. Since you are tunneling your connection to your VDS, then to your xbox, it would result in worse connection quality for everyone playing compared to someone hosting without using a VPN. I assume you want open NAT to be able to become a host in online multiplayer games.
Yeah i know when i do become host it's not the best for other people. i just want it to be open so i can connect to my friends. i haven't been able to connect to quite a few people since and its just makes my connection in game better. i can live with it on moderate but i would like to figure someway for it to be open
Markie
A regular
A regular

Post by Markie »

Can you please post your server side configuration file?
fuxum
New to forums
New to forums

Post by fuxum »

Markie wrote:Can you please post your server side configuration file?
Im sorry! Like i said im really new to this, honestly i don't even know what that is or how to get it.