Server 2012R2 - Strange Restart/Teamviewer ID Change

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
qew204
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server 2012R2 - Strange Restart/Teamviewer ID Change

Post by qew204 »

Hello,

I was recently recommended to your server hosting. I have ordered a 2012R2 VM and it is running great, I can RDP and it is very fast.
The strange thing that I notice is that when the server restarts, if I watch through the VNC console for a moment during boot Windows will say "Getting Devices Ready"
Normally I wouldn't expect that from a server unless a brand new install is happening or the VM was somehow move onto a different host. I wondering if perhaps the IntegrationTools (ServerTools) are out of date and this could be causing the devices to be reinstalled upon each reboot.

Along with that I noticed that when using teamviewer the ID will change after the restart. I am thinking because of some device re-installing during boot it causes teamviewer to see this a new computer and generate the new ID.

I had contacted support on this and was recommended that I post here.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Server 2012R2 - Strange Restart/Teamviewer ID Change

Post by Edge100x »

It always shows that boot message when it is loading drivers and I don't believe it is abnormal or problematic.

I don't know what Teamviewer uses to generate its ID, but we know that the OS itself doesn't get confused and think that it is on different hardware. It might be worth asking them for an explanation of that.
JordanDoughty
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JordanDoughty »

The ID on Teamviewer is generated based on the hardware characteristics when Teamviewer first starts, the ID is completely independent of your computer's IP address.
rymax99
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rymax99 »

You can sign into your TeamViewer account from the server and then sign in on your personal machine that way you always have the most up-to-date ID.