Another "what VDS package should I buy?" thread

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
gr8stalin
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Another "what VDS package should I buy?" thread

Post by gr8stalin »

I searched through the forums a bit to get a general idea of what a VDS could do based on the package (# of cores), but the running theme seemed to be that "it depends" on what I put on it. I hate to make another thread in that same vein but I'd like to be sure before I make a purchase.

Right now, my main goal is to host a 32-man server for Team Fortress 2 Classic, so I'd need an unmanaged VDS since it's not a type of game server that NFO offers I'd also like to have it to host old games that don't get a lot of traffic any more if my friends want to have a game night on something like Republic Commando to horse around in, or a 4-player co-op server for E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy; neither of these would be up for any extreme length of time, but the TF2C one would have a normal 24/7 uptime. Would my needs most likely be met if I purchased a 2-core unmanaged VDS?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Another "what VDS package should I buy?" thread

Post by soja »

Yeah a 2-core server would be perfect for a normal traffic server and still have some power left over for your random game servers :)
Not a NFO employee
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Another "what VDS package should I buy?" thread

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

I would suggest start small and upgrade when needed.
You then only have to pay to upgrade.
If you go too big, you lose because downgrading would just be lost money.

When you upgrade, everything remains the same and nothing is lost.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/