Huge packetloss on all german servers

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
johndog
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Huge packetloss on all german servers

Post by johndog »

I just noticed atm, all german servers are experiencing huge packet loss, what is going on?
noname
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Huge packetloss on all german servers

Post by noname »

I've noticed problems for the past 1 week daily with their Frankfurt location as well.

Support seemed clueless when reporting, they didn't see any problem on their end...it's good at least they acknowledge the problem now.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

johndog wrote:I just noticed atm, all german servers are experiencing huge packet loss, what is going on?
Early information indicates Internap may have had an internal network issue that was causing some problems. As of this morning we were trying to track down what was going on with them. An event to the events log in your control panel was also posted explaining the issue.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
noname
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by noname »

Sun, Jan 17 2016 6:47am
It's happening again for the past 2 min.
Sun, Jan 17 2016 6:50am
It stopped.
Sun, Jan 17 2016 7:07am
Happening again.
Sun, Jan 17 2016 8:42am
Again.
Sun, Jan 17 2016 10:25am
And again...

Those are just the one's i've noticed.......
noname
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by noname »

And there it goes again, highest performance guaranteed at its finest.

You know, when it comes to restaurants there's a saying; you're only as good as the last meal you serve ...

I feel like that quote fits whats going on with your German servers for the past 2 weeks very well.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

noname, we noted some brief problems that we've seen in Frankfurt in the Events log. We are continuing to push Internap to resolve them. I am sorry that you have been inconvenienced, and I wish that it were possible to immediately fix everything.

There have not been two weeks of problems, but as you said, psychologically, it may feel like that. We've seen two days when there were several periods when clients saw couple of minutes of high latency and packet loss, and another day or two when we noticed it happen once or twice, but not to as severe of a degree. We posted to the Events log on the first day that we saw the Internap issue (which was the first time it was bad) and again today (the second time it was bad).

We have also seen DTAG overloading all of its transit links frequently over the last two weeks, so it is possible that your clients are mixing in those reports. Unfortunately, there is nothing that we or Internap can do about the DTAG issues.