How to install MSVCP120.dll on windows server 2008 R2?

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Irishninja83
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How to install MSVCP120.dll on windows server 2008 R2?

Post by Irishninja83 »

When i'm trying to launch my server software, I keep getting the error: "The program can't start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I've reinstalled the software.

I've pasted the .dll file into windows/system32

I've downloaded and run the microsoft redist package as recommended by microsoft.

Windows updates are current.

Can someone explain to me how to get this .dll onto my OS?
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: How to install MSVCP120.dll on windows server 2008 R2?

Post by Caliban55 »

Did you install the correct version of the Visual C++ libraries (32bit, 64bit)?

What game is it and did you check if the installation files come with a Redist folder that contains the required versions?

Did you restart the server after installing?

Copying the file(s) manually in some folder is almost always a bad idea.
lozonr
New to forums
New to forums

Post by lozonr »

Hello there, hopefully i'm not too late on this topic, and or hopefully you were able to get the issue fixed. I had the same issues trying to install MySQL Workbench. I suggest installing that .dll through the auto installer. When I used the auto installer it successfully added the dll and it worked.
If you need help coding let me know :D
Kris Carroll
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Kris Carroll »

Hello, you can also easily solve this problem, other way. You need download missed .dll library file from http://fix4dll.com/msvcp120_dll and add it into the system 32 folder. Try to and I'm sure you'll fix this problem fast. Good luck.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Kris Carroll wrote:Hello, you can also easily solve this problem, other way. You need download missed .dll library file from http://fix4dll.com/msvcp120_dll and add it into the system 32 folder. Try to and I'm sure you'll fix this problem fast. Good luck.
Please do not use this solution. Installing individual dll files is never a good idea. Please use the other solutions here that include installing the "microsoft visual c runtime libraries" package.
Not a NFO employee