[CS:GO] SteamCMD Constantly Requiring 2FA

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
derptest
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

[CS:GO] SteamCMD Constantly Requiring 2FA

Post by derptest »

2FA = Mobile 2 Factor Authentication Steam Code

Background Info: I have a CS:GO server installed on the EU VPS I launch it using a simple script from github; I use the exact same script for my US servers on the US VPS.

Script I use: https://github.com/crazy-max/csgo-server-launcher [works fine on all the servers]

The problem I'm facing is every time I need to update/restart/login to the server console of my EU server, it makes me type in the 2 factor mobile authentication code, which is obviously very annoying as I'm not always home to login to the VPS. I'm using the same steam account to login for all my US servers and the EU server, but it doesn't require this auth code on any of the US servers.

All the GSLT's were created on the same steam account (though not the account that I login for the steam servers, but that doesn't make a difference). Is there any reason why my EU server needs the 2 factor auth mobile code every time and my US servers do not?

Sorry for the long read, thank you.

For further example/clarification:

Let's say I'm trying to restart the server on my US VPS. I tell the server to restart, and it does it. Nothing further needed.
I try to restart the server on my EU VPS using the exact same script/config (basically). It requires me to access my server console, which then asks for my 2FA, and then the server shows up on the Server Browser. This is NOT needed for my US servers which use the exact same steam account login, config, script, files, etc.

Thank you for reading/any help you can offer!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: [CS:GO] SteamCMD Constantly Requiring 2FA

Post by soja »

Use the anonymous account with app id 740 to download/update servers over steamcmd. You should only use your real steam account when the dedicated server files are not available on the anonymous account.
Not a NFO employee
derptest
New to forums
New to forums

Re: [CS:GO] SteamCMD Constantly Requiring 2FA

Post by derptest »

Thank you... I feel so dumb. I just assumed since the config file included inputs for Steam Login/pass, that it was required to start/restart servers over SteamCMD. Turns out it's not haha. Thank you for the quick response. Kind of odd that it doesn't require my 2FA on the US servers still, but oh well.