[CS:GO] VPS Server: Rubberbanding

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
sobs.ml
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

[CS:GO] VPS Server: Rubberbanding

Post by sobs.ml »

Hi,

Recently I started experiencing random rubberbanding across my servers (seems to be a correlation with players connect but hard to tell).
I talked to the support and they ended up changing machine to ensure hardware wasn't the issue. The problem is still happening and I've been told by the support to ask here in hope to find a solution to my problem.

Both my RAM and CPU are more than enough: even with full servers the CPU stands at around 70%.

I need help as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance!
sobs.ml
New to forums
New to forums

[VPS] "Random" Rubberbanding

Post by sobs.ml »

Hi,

Recently I started experiencing random rubberbanding across my servers (seems to be a correlation with players connect but hard to tell).
I talked to the support and they ended up changing machine to ensure hardware wasn't the issue. The problem is still happening and I've been told by the support to ask here in hope to find a solution to my problem.

Both my RAM and CPU are more than enough: even with full servers the CPU stands at around 70%.

Edit: Wasn't sure in which section to put it since it belong'd in two since the source of the rubberbanding is unknown.
Original Thread: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13737

I need help as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance for your support!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: [CS:GO] VPS Server: Rubberbanding

Post by soja »

Managed or unmanaged?

Windows or Linux?

What CPU is the VDS currently on?

How big are the servers?

Tickrate of the servers having issues?

at 70% CPU you are pretty much at the top end limit of where you want to be for good performance. You may want to consider adding an additional two HT cores to your package.
Not a NFO employee
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

One of the first things you'll want to check here is the net_graph output. You'll want to look for packet loss and choke there, and see how much the server FPS is dipping.
sobs.ml
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sobs.ml »

soja wrote:Managed or unmanaged?

Windows or Linux?

What CPU is the VDS currently on?

How big are the servers?

Tickrate of the servers having issues?

at 70% CPU you are pretty much at the top end limit of where you want to be for good performance. You may want to consider adding an additional two HT cores to your package.

Unmanaged?
Windows 2012 R2
Standard for VPS
from 20 to 32 slots
from 64 to 102.4

@edge
Yes of course it's the first thing I checked and nothing seems to change on the net_graph when the spikes/rubberband happen this is why I came here.
I know how an overloaded server looks like and none of these symptoms show up.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Have you tried turning off logging (and anything else writing to disk) temporarily to see if it is I/O related?
sobs.ml
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sobs.ml »

Edge100x wrote:Have you tried turning off logging (and anything else writing to disk) temporarily to see if it is I/O related?
Good idea!
Mind telling me how to do so? I know about "sv_logs" but that's pretty much it, never was in a situation where I needed to disable logging.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The rcon command "log off" will do this.