33 or 66 tickrate

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
k2nod
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

33 or 66 tickrate

Post by k2nod »

Hi I'm just wondering if tickrate really change anything lile if there is an actual difference between 33 and 66 I've research and I never got a cleared answer. Anyone knows? Also if settimg a higher tickrate would slow down the vps.
barhund
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: 33 or 66 tickrate

Post by barhund »

It can help with more accurate hit registration at the cost of increased server resource usage.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: 33 or 66 tickrate

Post by kraze »

There is an actual difference between the two, but generally the differences are difficult to detect for players. We've found that most players are just used to a certain play style of a server and when that style is changed (33 tick vs 100 tick) they detect that and must adjust how they play. As an example, here's what happens to CSGO when you increase the tickrate from 100 to 128 . viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8919 It's very difficult to believe a player is actively detecting the change of 2.2ms. Sometimes higher isn't always better!
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!