Connecting to a database problem

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Ferelith
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Post by Ferelith »

Hello NFO Servers Community.

I am interested into connecting my website to an external database (nfo hosted) however I have received the following error:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1130): Host 'hosted17.nfoservers.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /usr/www/xxxx/public/index.php on line 7
Connection failed: Host 'hosted17.nfoservers.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

I don't know how to get around this issue as I've paid for this service and unfortunately it becomes useless in this case. I have also contacted the support regarding this issue and they could not provide me with a solution to this problem - this is why I am posting this here. To also inform you, I have hosted the database on the VPS which is currently running. I would like to know whether anyone had the same experience and have managed to fix it or whether it is some security reason which I am currently not aware of, however if this is the case - I will be trying to cancel this service.

I kindly ask someone to help me with this issue, so far I had a great experience with the services offered.

Thank you.
Thank You
Ferelith
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Ferelith »

Hello NFO Servers Community.

I am unfortunately repeating this post in this section as I've previously posted it in the wrong section of the forum (not intended to spam)

I am interested into connecting my website to an external database (nfo hosted) however I have received the following error:

Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1130): Host 'hosted17.nfoservers.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /usr/www/xxxx/public/index.php on line 7
Connection failed: Host 'hosted17.nfoservers.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

I don't know how to get around this issue as I've paid for this service and unfortunately it becomes useless in this case. I have also contacted the support regarding this issue and they could not provide me with a solution to this problem - this is why I am posting this here. To also inform you, I have hosted the database on the VPS which is currently running. I would like to know whether anyone had the same experience and have managed to fix it or whether it is some security reason which I am currently not aware of, however if this is the case - I will be trying to cancel this service.

I kindly ask someone to help me with this issue, so far I had a great experience with the services offered.

Thank You.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Connecting to a database problem

Post by soja »

If your database is hosted on a VPS, you need to allow "hosted17.nfoservers.com", or 208.146.35.22 to connect to your database. Do you have any control panel software like phpmyadmin installed to manage your mysql server?
Not a NFO employee
Ferelith
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Connecting to a database problem

Post by Ferelith »

soja wrote:If your database is hosted on a VPS, you need to allow "hosted17.nfoservers.com", or 208.146.35.22 to connect to your database. Do you have any control panel software like phpmyadmin installed to manage your mysql server?
Thank you, it didn't seemed so obvious to me before however I will create a new user on the database to access it externally. I was confused at first as one member of staff told me that this feature is totally disabled. I think this issue has been now resolved successfully and I would like to thank you Soja for your input to this. I have phpmyadmin implemented however I usually work through the actual database software such as Navicat or HeidiSQL.