VDS/SERVER QUESTION

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
mainedan
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

VDS/SERVER QUESTION

Post by mainedan »

I am trying to post a question in the VDS / VPS section, but am unable to. Basically my question is if I got a server on 0516 and it is now 05/30 when would port 25 open? Also I moved the server from atlanta to ny in that time, will that effect the timing.
Also how can I create a SPF record? I do not see where I can add an A record for it to prevent spoofing.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: VDS/SERVER QUESTION

Post by kraze »

Yes, port 25 would be automatically unblocked after the first two weeks. Moving the server to a new location would not effect the timing of that.

Since you have a self-managed VDS an SPF record would need to be set from within the VDS on the mail/webserver you setup.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
mainedan
A regular
A regular

Re: VDS/SERVER QUESTION

Post by mainedan »

Thank you

I do not see where I can change a dns record that is needed for the SPF. from what I have read it needs to be put in the servers dns file. I see where I can setup a reverse dns whitch I would like to set up too, but not any A record changes.
Attachments
a record setup.png