Rust support on managed linux

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Jake
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Rust support on managed linux

Post by Jake »

Rust has had native linux dedicated server support since February. I was wondering if nfo was planning on adding Rust servers to be used with a managed linux server. I'm interested in running a Rust server on my managed linux server and was just curious as to why support isn't here yet or if it will be added in the near future.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Rust support on managed linux

Post by kraze »

Last time we checked Rust on Linux was fairly broken. I did some recent checking and players indicated it had a few bug, such as crashing several times per day with no reason, randomly not booting, or EAC issues.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Jake
A regular
A regular

Re: Rust support on managed linux

Post by Jake »

I've been running a stable server for over a week now that hasn't crashed on an unmanaged Ubuntu 16.04.1 box. Perhaps stability is reliant on a certain distribution? As far as I can tell there is no console and the outputted text is always the same. Sometimes the server takes up to 60 seconds to boot, possibly due to mods that are installed. I understand using a different distro might not be possible in the case of a managed server since there is specialized software that nfo uses.