Hlstats server on VDS problems

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
rushy
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Hlstats server on VDS problems

Post by rushy »

Hi,

I have tried using the support team to try and resolve this and they suggested me posting to the forusms to get some help.

So basically, I have a Frankfurt VDS which I want to install hlstats server to. I can get it up and running, however if I try to issue either the 'quit daemon' or 'restart configuration' via the web interface I get this:

Code: Select all

Sending Command to HLstatsX: CE Daemon at 31.186.250.152:27500 — 50 bytes OK
Waiting for Backend Answer...recieving 0 bytes in 0 packets...OK
No packets received — check if backend dead or not listening on 31.186.250.152:27500
Closing connection to backend...OK
Now I know the daemon is running on that port

output from vps:

Code: Select all

HLstatsX:CE daemon control
http://www.hlxce.com
---------------------------
Attempting to start HLstatsX:CE daemon on port 27500...
Daemon successfully started on port 27500
This also stops the plugin on the server to say its hlstats messages (eg the point messages and all that)

Now the weird thing is, I can get it up and running using the exact same steps on my VDS in chicago. Which has the exact same configuration.

Things I have tried where to disable the firewall and I tried using both centos 6 and 7

Would anyone have any idea in why I am having so much trouble in getting it up 100% in Frankfurt?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Hlstats server on VDS problems

Post by Edge100x »

From your description, it sounds like the back-end may be stopping but not restarting properly. Is there a process left running/hanging when this happens?

We don't use that mechanism ourselves, in favor of a separate function within our own control panel, so I don't have much experience troubleshooting this type of error.
rushy
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Hlstats server on VDS problems

Post by rushy »

I should have also said, in the logs it shows no sign of even receiving the restart command (Even with firewall disabled).

On the vds where it is working, it printed in the logs of getting such a command