About my VDS

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
KMBBANS
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

About my VDS

Post by KMBBANS »

I use my VDS as a vpn and i was wondering if there was a way to change a setting on my VDS so that when I play Black Ops 2 my nat type is open instead of moderate so I don't have to buy a separate server just for Black Ops 2 as I don't really play it that much
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: About my VDS

Post by kraze »

We wouldn't be doing any type of filtering/blocking on our end that would effect NAT, so it should always be open. Are you actually seeing problems from it saying your NAT is closed?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
KMBBANS
New to forums
New to forums

Post by KMBBANS »

Yes when I am playing Black Ops 2 online while using my nfo server it says Nat Type is moderate but when I connect using regular wifi it says the Nat Type is strict could that have anything to do with it and if so how can I change it
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

It's possible the game is saying your NAT is closed because it's unable to complete some form of a background task, such as reaching a port that's in-use, or ping an external IP. Are you actually having problems due to it saying that though?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
KMBBANS
New to forums
New to forums

Post by KMBBANS »

its not giving me a message or anything saying that no but with a moderate nat type I can only join people with an open nat type and only people with open nat can join me and with a strict nat nobody can join me I can only join someone with an open nat type and its really annoying as most of the people I play with have a moderate nat type and some have a strict nat type