ARK:Survival Evolved Server Setup

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
canadianmann07
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ARK:Survival Evolved Server Setup

Post by canadianmann07 »

Just trying to figure how to get a server running properly as it doesn't show up in ARK game. I got the ARK Server Manager and think I set it up correctly but still when I search the name it doesn't show up. Filtered to Unofficial with password. On the VDS I have it shows it running, with the manager and server console thing. I was reading about the system requirements and although it's close, I should be able to run the server.
canadianmann07
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: ARK:Survival Evolved Server Setup

Post by canadianmann07 »

Resolved somewhat. Had to shutdown Arma 3 Server. My VDS has 4GB of Ram and I'm guessing it was capping after trying to run Arma and ARK at the same time. What is strange is that after I connect via client to ARK server on my PC the RAM usage went down on the VDS. So i connected to Arma server as well and RAM usage is at 3.3/4.0 GB. I will have to upgrade the RAM but at least I know now I can connect. Any suggestions for amount of RAM I should get?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

6GB would probably do you fine, unless the ARK server sees a lot of activity.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

Both games are resource hogs, I would say 6 gigs should be fine. Like Kraze said, it will go up if you have large or populated servers. You also have some slight overhead from Xen and the frequency of your server saves could impact performance as well. You may get the occasional lag spikes. Check your server FPS for Ark in your ingame admin. That will give you some indicators on performance.
canadianmann07
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by canadianmann07 »

Thank you for the suggestions and information. I am currently running it with 4GB with occasional lag in the game but so far I have only had 3 players on the server. I may consider upgrading the RAM later but for now 4GB will do if it continues to work.
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

You may wish to re-start your servers every couple of days to keep memory usage in check.