HLDS Timeouts

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
evil_master
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

HLDS Timeouts

Post by evil_master »

Hello everyone, I run about 5 hlds servers on a 4 core windows server, since about 6 months ago, I have been troubleshooting an issue that causes 95% of all connected players (on all servers) to be disconnected with a 'timed out' message I have never encountered this before in all my time as a server operator, after debugging every possible thing here is a list of things that I know dont cause it:
  • addons - can be reproduced on a vanilla server
  • hlds binaries - reproduced with a clean install from steamcmd
  • os/drivers - reproduced after OS 'clean install'
The only thing I have done on this OS is install 'xampp' for a local mysql database, install UGCC to manage my servers, install filezilla client, install notepad++, run windows upates, install .net framework 3.5.1

After many long nights, I have finally ran out of ideas behind why this would occur. There is nothing in the event viewer when this happens, there are no firewall rules to mess with connections, the processes are given 'above normal' priority, and the cpu usage is always under 10% so I know im not overloading the machine, I honestly have no idea what else I can do to troubleshoot this bug at this point, anyone got any pointers?