NFO Server Help

Ask questions about dedicated servers here and we and other users will do our best to answer them. Please also refer to the self-help section for tutorials and answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Honorable
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

NFO Server Help

Post by Honorable »

I have to have these ports forward. I'm running Debian 7 wheezy x64. Yes I know you don't block ports I get a moderate NAT. I just need to be shown in the right direction either iptables or firewall tab. How would I go about forwarding these.
Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP)
I know this can be done because I used a VPN through a VDS which had open NAT on xbox. I need advice if you was to port forward where would I go.

Can someone with experience enlighten me.
ThatGuyNex
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: NFO Server Help

Post by ThatGuyNex »

Port Forwarding in this respect is not a valid concept when you have a outward facing IP address as you do here, there is no separate, internal IP address for you to forward to. You can just skip that step in any tutorial you are following.
Honorable
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Honorable »

ThatGuyNex wrote:Port Forwarding in this respect is not a valid concept when you have a outward facing IP address as you do here, there is no separate, internal IP address for you to forward to. You can just skip that step in any tutorial you are following.
I heard of something like UpnPd for the linux machines or DMZ anything you recommend or anybody recommends on how people make these NFOServers have open nat on any game through a VPN Protocol?
AussieBoy
New to forums
New to forums

Post by AussieBoy »

hey can someone pls help me with a port for my nfo i don't no what one to use i just got the nfo server ?
Honorable
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Honorable »

Problem solved :P if anybody is having a similar problem like I was please let me know ill post instructions on how to get open NAT type.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

Feel free to simply post your solution here anyway, as this is the purpose of the forum.
afterlyy11
New to forums
New to forums

Post by afterlyy11 »

I need help with getting an open nat type!!!!
ray582
New to forums
New to forums

Post by ray582 »

I have been getting a message when I try connecting to my nfo that says "MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1499771227.WAIT....." I've tried rebooting the server, I've even tried turning it off and then back on. can anyone suggest more I can try to do to correct my issue.
getthextc
New to forums
New to forums

Post by getthextc »

Honorable wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:46 am Problem solved :P if anybody is having a similar problem like I was please let me know ill post instructions on how to get open NAT type.
Hello, i am having the exact problem! Can you please post solution, thanks a bunch
dyl4n20
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dyl4n20 »

Honorable wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:46 am Problem solved :P if anybody is having a similar problem like I was please let me know ill post instructions on how to get open NAT type.
May i please get the solution to this i am having same problem!
Honorable
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Honorable »

To everyone having issues opening nat type follow this video to the T this is what helped me and you'll get open nat on any consoles and any game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh9cbj34sMg